cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sync files located on the D: drive to Dropbox?

Can I sync files located on the D: drive to Dropbox?

EttoreC
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Good evening, I nerd some help.
I've installed Dropbox on drive C: and I've another disk named D:. I've documents data on disk 😧 but isn't possibile upload data in cloud and synchronize automatically them from this disk.
Is there any solution?
Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@EttoreC wrote:
Does Boxifier app work with Dropbox? Or does he work on his own?

Boxifier is a third-party app that works in conjunction with Dropbox. It allows you to sync folders outside of your local Dropbox folder, which Dropbox doesn't do. Dropbox can only sync the files and folders in the local Dropbox folder. Boxifer will sync folders from other locations directly to your account online.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@EttoreC wrote:
I've installed Dropbox on drive C: and I've another disk named D:. I've documents data on disk 😧 but isn't possibile upload data in cloud and synchronize automatically them from this disk.

If you're referring to using the Backup feature to back up your keys folders (such as Desktop, Documents, etc.), then those key folders need to be in their original locations under your user profile, which would typically be on your C: drive.

If that's not what you're referring to, you'll need to provide more information.

EttoreC
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Good evening, I need some help.
Is there any solution?
Thanks

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@EttoreC wrote:

Dropbox will only sync the files and folders located in the local Dropbox folder. It can't sync files from other drives or locations.

If you're referring to the Backup feature, your key folders need to be in the original locations for Dropbox to be able to back them up.

DBoxTips
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

Hello @EttoreC,

While that’s not possible directly with the Dropbox desktop app, it is possible using third party software that integrates with the Dropbox desktop application, like Boxifier (Windows only).

Hope this helps,

Andrew (DBoxTips)

I am an individual contributor to the Dropbox Community forums, not affiliated with Dropbox. All opinions expressed here are my own.

EttoreC
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks. Why does the app say it can backup files on a removable disk? Isn't it similar to saving data from the second disk D:?

DBoxTips
Experienced | Level 11

Do you mean the Dropbox app or the Boxifier app? If you mean the Dropbox app, it can backup your external/removable disk to Dropbox. If you mean the Boxifier app, it can sync (not just backup) folders from a local drive (for example your second disk D:), from an external/removable disk or from a network share/drive.

Hope this helps,

Andrew (DBoxTips)

I am an individual contributor to the Dropbox Community forums, not affiliated with Dropbox. All opinions expressed here are my own.

EttoreC
Helpful | Level 5
I mean the Dropbox app.
I don't know Boxifier app.
Does Boxifier app work with Dropbox? Or does he work on his own? if this second case is true then shouldn't we also use Dropbox? Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@EttoreC wrote:
Does Boxifier app work with Dropbox? Or does he work on his own?

Boxifier is a third-party app that works in conjunction with Dropbox. It allows you to sync folders outside of your local Dropbox folder, which Dropbox doesn't do. Dropbox can only sync the files and folders in the local Dropbox folder. Boxifer will sync folders from other locations directly to your account online.

DBoxTips
Experienced | Level 11

Like @Rich mentioned, Boxifier works together with the Dropbox desktop app, because it extends its functionality. So both Dropbox desktop app and Boxifier need to be installed. Boxifier does not work on its own.

Hope this helps,

Andrew (DBoxTips)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

EttoreC Helpful | Level 5
    DBoxTips Experienced | Level 11
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?