cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can i share a dropbox folder in my local network?

Can I share a Dropbox folder in my local network?

microworld
New member | Level 2

I have server A and server B in my network and I need to make a sync from my data files in server A to a Dropbox forlder in server B so my files can be uploaded to the cloud

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II

@microworld wrote:

I have server A and server B in my network and I need to make a sync from my data files in server A to a Dropbox forlder in server B so my files can be uploaded to the cloud

That's not something that Dropbox is capable of. You'd have to use another process to sync the files across your network. If you're on Windows, Microsoft's SyncToy might do the job.

microworld
New member | Level 2

Thanks! I will check SyncToy

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@microworld wrote:

Hi @microworld,

Wouldn't Dropbox' LAN sync enough for you? 🤔😉

Good luck.

Rich
Super User II

@Здравко wrote:
Wouldn't Dropbox' LAN sync enough for you? 🤔😉

If doesn't sound like both servers are running Dropbox. It sounds more like they have data on Server A and they want to copy it to a Dropbox folder on Server B.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Rich wrote:😉

If doesn't sound like ...

Topic: Can I share a Dropbox folder in my local network?

Hm...🤔 How it sounds like?

Rich
Super User II

@Здравко wrote:

Hm...🤔 How it sounds like?

"... data files in server A to a Dropbox forlder in server B ..."

If they had stated "Dropbox folder in Server A to a Dropbox folder in Server B" then yes, LAN Sync would be the option, assuming it's supported on their device.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Rich, Let midroworld decides. 😉

microworld
New member | Level 2

I have a sync from server A to server B. Dropbox is in server B. I need server B to sync to the cloud.  Server B dropbox folder cannot be shared in my local network so I can redirect my sync in order for my data to be uploaded to the cloud

microworld
New member | Level 2

Exactly

Need more support?