cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blind Folder for Uploads only?

Blind Folder for Uploads only?

James_at_Explainify
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello

Newbie here!

Question: is there a way to set up a folder in my dropbox account that will act as a blind drop?  I want to give people an address (or link) to a place where they can upload files but can only see their own uploads (or even better can't see anything in the folder).  Is this even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @James_at_Explainify 

Dropbox requests sounds exactly like what you are after!

www.dropbox.com/requests 🙂

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/create-file-request

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @James_at_Explainify 

Dropbox requests sounds exactly like what you are after!

www.dropbox.com/requests 🙂

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/create-file-request

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

James_at_Explainify
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you Mark

I did see that, but I don't think that method is what my client is looking for as it involved a direct request via email.  Rather, they are after (I guess) the dropbox version of a blind FTP server.  Where they can share the address on (for example) a website and anyone can upload files. Or, we can collect files through a web form and send them to a folder behind the scenes (or similar)... or does file request work like that too?

James_at_Explainify
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Read through that article and tried it out and YES! can see how that would work - thank you!

Need more support?