cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Backing up photos from mobile device

Backing up some photos from mobile device, not all of them.

kkb7
Explorer | Level 3

I have a Samsung android and dropbox is backing up "some" of my photos and albums. However, my phone has several photos and albums that are not being shown or back-upped/synced. For example, I have maybe 10 albums on dropbox listed under "Samsung Gallery / DCIM" on my desktop and mobile. On the phone, I have probably 17 albums listed - random numbers. I don't know how to fix this and why, if the phone is snyced, dropbox is not picking up new albums as I create them. If anyone has a solution or can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Are you using Camera Upload feature @kkb7 ? 

If so Dropbox only detects the Camera Roll photos

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kkb7
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Mark, 

Sorry it took me a bit to answer. I'm in training for my job all day. No, I am not familiar with or using the camera roll feature. Dropbox has been automatically backing up what it wants to. When I add a new album, it ignores or doesn't recognize it. I does show it's backing up Samsung Gallery which is where I'm creating these new albums but it's not working. I don't know how to manually back-up either. I have a Samsung S22 Ultra if that helps. Thank you for your help.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @kkb7- sorry to jump in here, but it sounds like you've indeed enabled the automatic camera uploads feature at some point in the past. 

Could you navigate to the mobile app's Account tab and check your camera uploads settings there? 

Apart from that, you may also want to try these steps as well.

In any case, please keep us posted. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

kkb7
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, 

I checked and, indeed, on my app "camera uploads" was on. I turned it off. I haven't had a chance to see if now all the albums will back up. When I check the system later, I'll see.  If they're there or not, I'll check back in and let you know. Thanks for the tip. I'm sure when I turned that on I thought it meant the "camera" on the phone which would be all encompassing. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

We'll be waiting for your update @kkb7😎

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?