cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Console access

Admin Console access

Suzie541
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was recently made owner of drop box account for our riding club, however I can't see admin console, what do I need to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Suzie541 wrote:

I am trying to invite a member to be able to access the drop box we have opened, can I do that a different way?

You can't invite someone to share the entire account. Instead, you create a folder and then you can invite someone to that. They'll have access to anything you place in the folder, but not the rest of your account.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Suzie541 wrote:

I was recently made owner of drop box account for our riding club, however I can't see admin console, what do I need to do?

Is this on a Dropbox Business account? Only Business accounts have an Admin console to manage the team.

What is it that you're trying to do?

Suzie541
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Its not on business no, its the free option.  I am trying to invite a member to be able to access the drop box we have opened, can I do that a different way?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Suzie541 wrote:

I am trying to invite a member to be able to access the drop box we have opened, can I do that a different way?

You can't invite someone to share the entire account. Instead, you create a folder and then you can invite someone to that. They'll have access to anything you place in the folder, but not the rest of your account.

Suzie541
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks very much that will do for now

karilarusch
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Rich, I switched my personal account to a business account and have 2 more "seats" to add employees, but how do I access the admin console? Thanks! 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @karilarusch!

You can access your admin console, by signing in to your Business admin account on dropbox.com and clicking "Admin console" from the options on the left of the page or directly through this link.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

karilarusch
Explorer | Level 3

Is there a separate admin account than my user account?  It keeps signing me into my user account and I don't recall setting up anything additional to that.  I am not seeing the admin console on any of the tabs I click on and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hmm, what kind of account do you see when you check the plan page of your account settings?

Does it show that you're on a Dropbox Business team? If not, you probably set it up while signed in to a different Dropbox account.

Can you check any other email accounts you may have to confirm this?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

karilarusch
Explorer | Level 3

I got this email confirming my business account. 

Congratulations on upgrading your account to Dropbox Professional! This email serves as your receipt.

A detailed summary of your transactions with Dropbox can be found on your payments page, where you can view, download, and print your invoice.

Email account: xxxxxxxxxxxx.com
Amount: $199.00
New space: 3 TB
Transaction ID: XXXX

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    karilarusch Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?