cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are my files not syncing?

why are my files not syncing?

ace_boy2786
New member | Level 2
I am using this for ONE app on my phone and 1 tablet (was going to link another tablet but couldn't, all android based) to sync said apps handful of files between my 2-3devices. However when I tried to use said apps on said devices I got a error "file couldn't update" (I forget the exact wording used) on both the old tablet and on my phone I tried unlinking the app on my tablet and upon trying to re-link I get the error "This app is currently disabled" why and how do I fix it? If this isn't going to work I may as well delete the account since it's not being used for anything else, but I'd like to get this working again if possible. The app I'm trying to use\sync is "John gbc lite (and it's other variations)" through it's companion app "John DataSync".
1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ace_boy2786, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you currently using our free Basic account?

And if so, do you perhaps already have 3 or more devices linked to your account? Perhaps you have a couple older ones that you've forgotten about.

If not, can you please uninstall the apps, restart your devices and reinstall them, to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?