cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to autofill login with the Passwords app on Android

Unable to autofill login with the Passwords app on Android

NacNac
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

In the Android settings I am unable to set Dropbox is one of my password providers so while I'm inside of another application I'm unable to autofill that section from the keyboard menu. Also I'm having issues getting back into the Dropbox application if I open it and then move into a different application and then go back into Dropbox password it hangs up.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @NacNac, I believe that what you mentioned might do the trick, but let's see. 

Could you temporarily try to disable Google Password, and check how Dropbox Passwords will behave on Chrome after this? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @NacNac, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you added the logins you're having trouble with to the Dropbox Passwords app?

Meaning, if you open the Passwords app and manually add the login of the app in question and then go back to that app, does it autofill your login?

Also, when you say that the Passwords app 'hangs up', do you mean that it crashes completely or does it get stuck?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

NacNac
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
In many cases no it will not autofill. Using other password managers in the past you would select the text box and you would either get a drop down or on my keyboard it would suggest logins I already had in that app. I believe this is because Android doesn't recognize your app as a password app in the settings but will allow your app to be a default password autofill. With Dropbox pass it either auto fills or it doesn't work at all which requires me to manually open the app. That brings us to the hang up. Open the app once it fires up great, if you switch to another application and then try to open password app again it gets stuck at the logo screen. No matter how many times you back out it's the same. In order to fix you have to kill the app and then retry.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @NacNac, could you clarify the OS of your device, along with the app's version that you have installed there? 

Also, which browsers do you use on your end, and if you could also share some examples of websites/apps that the autofill isn't working, that'd be amazing. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

NacNac
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Running android version 13. Running app version 278.2. and for a web browser I'm using chrome and I have no auto fill from drop box app and Google password manager trys to auto fill instead. Chrome version 112.0.5615.47

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @NacNac, it might sound trivial, but have you tried re-starting the device, and also uninstalling, then re-installing the app?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

NacNac
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I uninstalled restarted phone and reinstalled the app thank you I think this resolved my hanging up issue but autofill is still unresolved in Chrome web browser. Am I supposed to be prompted to select something do I maybe need to turn something off the Google password side to stop interfering?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @NacNac, I believe that what you mentioned might do the trick, but let's see. 

Could you temporarily try to disable Google Password, and check how Dropbox Passwords will behave on Chrome after this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?