cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Two step verification codes not being accepted for phone app

Two step verification codes not being accepted for phone app

pdmedia
Explorer | Level 3

I installed the app onto an older Apple SE but that shouldn't matter. Two attempts to complete two-step verification, both 6-digits numbers I received rejected as invalid. Dropbox does not appear to have phone support (?)

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @pdmedia - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify your device's OS version and send us a screenshot of the exact error you're getting so that we can have a visual too?

Also, if you're on the Basic plan, have you ensured that you're not connecting more than 3 devices to your account as you might be hitting your device limit?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there.

PS: Have you tried temporarily turning off 2 step authentication on your account and installing the app anew? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

pdmedia
Explorer | Level 3

I'm trying to reply to a message from Walter about my post, but getting an Authentication Failed window so I can't reach him. I already had 2-step verification off, but when I try to turn it on, it wants the password associated with my email account, and rejects it as invalid. Regarding his message, my iphone OS is 15.8.2 and the error message is on my phone so I can't take a screenshot of it.

pdmedia

Rich
Super User II

@pdmedia wrote:

... the error message is on my phone so I can't take a screenshot of it.

With the error on the screen, if you press the Side and Volume Up buttons at the same time, you'll save a screenshot to your camera roll.

pdmedia
Explorer | Level 3

I understand volume buttons but what is side button? In my late 60's so barely understand my phone, but thank you.

Rich
Super User II

@pdmedia wrote:

I understand volume buttons but what is side button? In my late 60's so barely understand my phone, but thank you.

The side button would be the one you press to turn the phone on and off.

On an iPhone SE it might be the side button and the home button (bottom of the screen) to take a screenshot. On other iPhones it's the side button and volume up.

pdmedia
Explorer | Level 3

I tried replying to your message earlier but it didn't seem to get through. I'm trying to finish setting up the app through my email address and password, but one or both are being rejected as invalid. However I got emails from Dropbox with one-time security codes but don't know where to enter them. I already have a Dropbox account so it seems like downloading the app shouldn't be so difficult.

pdmedia
Explorer | Level 3

I forgot to add that the directions for doing a screenshot aren't working or I'm misunderstanding. It's a window that says Cannot Send Mail The user [removed per Community Guidelines] is incorrect. Perhaps it's an internet provider problem as that is not my email address.

Need more support?