cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Syncing Error with Android App

Syncing Error with Android App

PDub81
Helpful | Level 6

Hello, for several days I'm experience a syncing error with the Android app.  Anything updated from the Android device appears on other connected devices, but not the other way around.  Updated files from my home and work computers appear at dropbox.com but not in the Android app.  I have restarted my phone several times and removed and reinstalled the Android app.  The only way to get files to sync now is to logout and log back in, but I really shouldn't have to do that every time I want to update my to do list from my phone.  Please help!

12 Replies 12

FloraC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Ok, this is happening to me. I have cleared the cache both in the app and on my phone, I've checked for updates (none needed), I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've logged in and out, I have plenty of storage left on the phone and in Dropbox. Nothing is working. Files uploaded on phone are not showing up on laptop, and ditto the other way. Any other ideas???

Stephen_G
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi FloraC.  That sounds frustrating!

I have just done a quick test and can confirm that mine is working fine, i.e. if I update a file on my non-Android device, it is then correctly synced on my Android device immediately, and vice versa.  So, that would lead me to believe this is a different issue to the one resolved on this thread a few months ago, which was resolved by Dropbox issuing another update.

Best of luck getting it sorted out.

Stephen.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I’m sorry to hear about this, @FloraC. 

If you upload a file via your mobile app, is it also not showing on www.dropbox.com? Same way, when adding files on your laptop, can you see them normally on the website?

Other than that, I'd like to know the current app version of your mobile app to make sure it’s not on beta.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?