cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: RE: Dropping Support for MacOS X 10.11 (El Capitan) tomorrow 11/8/22: can't upgrade before next

RE: Dropping Support for MacOS X 10.11 (El Capitan) tomorrow 11/8/22: can't upgrade before next week

RuffedGrouse
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I'm in midst of months log system upgrade from Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan to probably Mojave. I will not be able to complete upgrade for few weeks.
• How will I be able to access my DropBox files before then? 
• Do I still have all those same files on my desktop Mac? If "syncing" is on then I still have exact same desktop copies on my Mac, yes? — Or do I need to download them and turn syncing off?

I see DropBox offers web browser support, but I'm at limit of Chrome browser Version 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (x86_64) until I upgrade. I don't need DropBox immediately and haven't used it for few years. Interface became increasingly confusing and I've forgotten how it works. I may eventually just move to Google Drive which still works with my Chrome browser.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @RuffedGrouse, thanks for posting here!

Please note that your data in Dropbox will be safe, but you will not be able to access it through the Dropbox desktop app unless you update to a supported operating system. They will be there though.

If you do not wish to or cannot update your operating system, all your files will still be available through other compatible computers with supported operating systems, through supported mobile devices, and on the Dropbox website. 

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @RuffedGrouse, thanks for posting here!

Please note that your data in Dropbox will be safe, but you will not be able to access it through the Dropbox desktop app unless you update to a supported operating system. They will be there though.

If you do not wish to or cannot update your operating system, all your files will still be available through other compatible computers with supported operating systems, through supported mobile devices, and on the Dropbox website. 

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mtb1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I find out how the use the Dropbox website on a regular basis? I've got Mac OS 10-11, and I just got the notice that I will not be able to use Dropbox any more as of today. I can't upgrade my OS.

Do I have to manually download and upload every single file I want to use??????

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mtb1, welcome to our Community! 

You can always use a supported web browser, to access your files that way. You can download, and upload any files or update your content there.

I hope this clarifies.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?