cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Conext menu options (right click) no longer show

No Option to "Make Available Offline."

Jayson L.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Honestly, this seemingly late "bringing to the forefront" (I guess you'd call it) of the whole "Online Only" vs. "Make Available Offline" thing has been more of a headache than a help, if I may offer my opinion.

I purchased a new ultra-portable Windows computer which has a 256GB SSD on board, but I plan on using my Dropbox files with it, and I have well over 256GB worth of stuff in my Dropbox.

The thing is that I'm often in situations in which I need offline access to my files.

So I purchased a 1 TB microSD card, which will never leave its slot in this machine. Heck, I can't even retrieve it, it seems.

I mounted it so that it isn't considered "Removable Media" by the computer, and then I proceeded to install Dropbox on the computer, with the intent of using the 1 TB card exclusively for Dropbox content...offline.

I left my machine to sync overnight, and what do you know? Everything has a stupid cloud next to it.

I have no option to "Make Available Offline," either in the file/folder context menu or in the Dropbox application > Preferences > Sync menu.

If this is by design, it's a pitifully stupid design.

I'm going to whatever lengths I can to make this work the way I envision, but I'm going to be awfully disappointed if Dropbox doesn't respect use cases that might not necessarily conform to a narrow definition.

If it's an issue with a recent update to the application, then please bug the developers posthaste.

125 Replies 125

mroman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Update: As of this evening, my Dropbox context menu miraculous appeared. I didn't do anything differently today than any other day, and I'm not aware of any Windows update last night or today. The issue was not resolved yesterday, but is resolved today. Whatever the issue was, I'm glad it is currently resolved and hope it stays that way. 

I'm also glad I did not uninstall and reinstall and edit my Windows registry. 

SG Roy Hew
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, I have missing the dropbox content menu missing in my window 11. anyone can help me to solve it ? Thanks

SGRoyHew_0-1667354444498.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SG Roy Hew, sorry to hear about this.

Could you clarify the desktop app's status and version as shown in your taskbar?

Also, feel free to have a look at the previous suggestions on this discussion and let us know if any of them did the trick for you. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

fefone
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

some days ago I was like this:

windows 11 pro 10.0.22000 

dropbox 159.4.5870

Context windows menu is back!

Now I am like this

dropbox 160.4.4703

and context menu disappeared again... ðŸ˜ 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone, thanks for posting here!

Keep in mind that we checked with our Engineering team and some Windows 11 users are not able to see Dropbox context menu items after right-clicking an object within File Explorer. We are currently looking into this, and we'll post an update as soon as it's made available.

Thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

langshipley
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

@mroman Great that your context menus are back. What version of the Dropbox app are you on now? Mine are still not showing up.

nickgripton
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@mromanLikewise would love to know what version you are on.

Rich H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I can confirm it's not working as it used to on Windows 11. All I have in the right-click context menu now is 'Share' - the other (very useful!) options to make available offline, view on web, view previous versions etc are all missing.

I hope it is a bug and not a 'feature' because all those other options were indispensable, and to remove those from the desktop app would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Currently on Windows version v160.4.4703 and all I can see is...

share.gif

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, I just wanted to give you an update on this.

The team are currently looking into this, and we'll post an update as soon as it's made available to us.

Thanks for your reports so far. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mroman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@langshipley Currently on Windows version v160.4.4703. Dropbox updated. Hopefully it lasts. 

This is proof that it was a Dropbox issue, not a Windows issue. 

Need more support?