cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Link Sharing in Windows 11?

No Option to "Make Available Offline."

Jayson L.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Honestly, this seemingly late "bringing to the forefront" (I guess you'd call it) of the whole "Online Only" vs. "Make Available Offline" thing has been more of a headache than a help, if I may offer my opinion.

I purchased a new ultra-portable Windows computer which has a 256GB SSD on board, but I plan on using my Dropbox files with it, and I have well over 256GB worth of stuff in my Dropbox.

The thing is that I'm often in situations in which I need offline access to my files.

So I purchased a 1 TB microSD card, which will never leave its slot in this machine. Heck, I can't even retrieve it, it seems.

I mounted it so that it isn't considered "Removable Media" by the computer, and then I proceeded to install Dropbox on the computer, with the intent of using the 1 TB card exclusively for Dropbox content...offline.

I left my machine to sync overnight, and what do you know? Everything has a stupid cloud next to it.

I have no option to "Make Available Offline," either in the file/folder context menu or in the Dropbox application > Preferences > Sync menu.

If this is by design, it's a pitifully stupid design.

I'm going to whatever lengths I can to make this work the way I envision, but I'm going to be awfully disappointed if Dropbox doesn't respect use cases that might not necessarily conform to a narrow definition.

If it's an issue with a recent update to the application, then please bug the developers posthaste.

125 Replies 125

langshipley
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Yes, to all three questions that Hannah asked.

mroman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes to all three questions. I am seeing sync icons and have proof that Dropbox is, in fact, syncing properly. It's just the Dropbox context menu that is missing. Thank you for your help, Hannah. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, thanks for all the additional information and clarifications you provided.

At this point, for anyone affected, would it be OK if we reach out via email to investigate a bit further? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

langshipley
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Yes, that is fine. Happy for you to email me. I'm traveling at the moment though, so might take me a while to respond, especially if you require things like screenshots, etc.

nickgripton
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Happening to me to, for a week now.

Windows 11. 10.0.22621. Build 22621. Updated today.

Dropbox 159.4.5870.

All syncs up to date. Can see green ticks across the board in file explorer too.

Reinstalled (advanced reinstall page doesn't even have links when you click the dropdown menus).

Have not messed about with my registry as requested (especailly as it didn't work for anyone). Not cool to ask people to mess with their registries.

Keep it all public please, no private emails. We all need to see what is going on.

Thanks.

fefone
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

same problem. It worked for a while, then the context menu disappeared.

My Dropbox: 160.3.4650 - Up to date 

no other program in the context menu

thanks!Immagine 2022-10-21 160508.jpg

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I totally understand what you mean, @nickgripton

However, if you’ve already tried a few general troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, it’d be better to log a ticket, as we can see details on your Dropbox account this way and check what else may be happening. If you’d like us to look into this further, we’d be glad to log a ticket for you, too. 

Also, thanks for posting on the forum, @fefone!

It seems that your desktop app is running the beta app version, and not the stable one. 

Can you please switch off the early releases via your web account, and then install the latest app version via this link

Keep me posted for any updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vegasesq
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Was this issue ever resolved?  I am having the same issue with the "Make Available Offline" no longer appearing in the right-click menu.  Screenshots are the same.

onodanaoto
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
  1. Is the Dropbox application "Up to date" and not still syncing?
    --> YES
  2. Are you running the latest version of the Dropbox application (current stable version is 159.4.5870)?
    --> YES
  3. Has everyone tried the steps in this thread?
    --> YES tried ALL of them

But I still have dropbox context issue. Alternatively I use web version but it is EXTREAMLY INCONVENIENT.

onodanaoto
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Edition; Windows 11 Home
Version;  22H2
Install date;  ‎2022/‎10/‎05
OS Build;  22621.675
Experience; Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

Opt-out from early release verion of dropbox in my profile menu. Re-installed the latest version of Dropbox desktop application.

Need more support?