cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO sync, cannot reinstall "Your computer is currently offline. Please check your network settings"

NO sync, cannot reinstall "Your computer is currently offline. Please check your network settings"

eli104
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox for Windows (Win 10) did not launch this morning. One of several folders I need access to says it cannot be reached (others are fine). 

• I tried reinstalling the app, but an error message said I was not connected to the Internet (NOT true).
  • I tried deleting the app and doing an Advanced Reinstall, but I received a similar error message after it failed:

eli104_0-1712591513708.png

NOTE: I AM online, I have access to the Web version, and I also have access to Dropbox on my Mac (Intel Mac, so the same hardware uses either Mac or Windows OS).

This seems to be an issue with Windows versions, perhaps a recent update? I CANNOT re-install the app, and that's very bad! 

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @eli104, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

eli104
Explorer | Level 4
I do have a VPN for my company (Watchguard), it's the same one I have been using for the past 12 years without issue. HOWEVER, Dropbox does not connect even when first booting into Windows, BEFORE I turn on the VPN!

eli104
Explorer | Level 4

Oh, and BTW... I also use the VPN on the MacOS side, with no problem! 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @eli104, thanks for the additional info.

What exactly do you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon in your system tray?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

eli104
Explorer | Level 4

Yeah... there is NO Dropbox icon. it was the first thing I looked for, and not seeing it, I went to launch the App (thinking it had not started and boot), but it would not boot or be found,. Which is why I tried to reinstall.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hmm, thanks for the update, @eli104.

Can you run the offline installer of the Dropbox app and let us know if that works for you?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

eli104
Explorer | Level 4
Do you mean the full installer? That didn't work either. Gets all the way to the end and that's when the error message on my first post appears.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @eli104, can you please also clarify if you're able to access your files from your Dropbox account online without issues?

If so, then would it be OK if we reach out via email to have a further look internally at this point?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

eli104
Explorer | Level 4

I have no issues connecting through the internet, using Google Chrome for Windows. And again, no problem using MacOS with the app installed.

The issue is ONLY that I could not connect using the Windows app, have now uninstalled it, and cannot re-install the Windows app. (Though I have not booted the Windows OS today... but had rebooted multiple times yesterday to no avail.)

I would be happy to connect by email or otherwise to get this fixed! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    eli104 Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?