cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Dropbox on Android phone

Lost Dropbox on Android phone

bazdrop
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi

I have Dropbox Business on my Desktop.

Until this morning I also had it on Android phone. However the phone had not updated (sync) with Desktop and so I removed and re-installed Dropbox on phone.

Problem is- it has installed the basic Dropbox, with no visible files, and I do not know how to link it back to the Desktop version.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@bazdrop wrote:

Yes the problem seems to be that Dropbox.com is not up to date with the Desktop.

Make sure the Dropbox application is running on your desktop. If it is, check its status by hovering your icon cursor over the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@bazdrop wrote:

it has installed the basic Dropbox, with no visible files, and I do not know how to link it back to the Desktop version.

You likely signed in using a different email address than what you used on the desktop. Sign out of the Dropbox app on your phone and sign back in, being sure to sign in with the same email address that you used for Dropbox on your desktop.

bazdrop
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You got it in one Sir- many thanks!

However, phone has not yet synced to Desktop (which is what got me into difficulties this morning).

Is there a 'Refresh' or similar that will do that?

Many thanks

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @bazdrop! Hope you’re doing good. 

Please note that the mobile app doesn’t sync to Dropbox like the desktop one does; it’s merely a reflection of what you see on www.dropbox.com

Can you please log in to www.dropbox.com with the credentials of your Business account, and let me know if you can see all of your files there? I’d like to make sure your desktop app is syncing properly instead to our servers.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bazdrop
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Nancy

Thank you.

Yes the problem seems to be that Dropbox.com is not up to date with the Desktop.

.com still shows files that have been deleted (or moved) on Desktop and vice versa

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@bazdrop wrote:

Make sure the Dropbox application is running on your desktop. If it is, check its status by hovering your icon cursor over the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).

bazdrop
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That's sorted it. Thanks again.

Is there anyway that Dropbox can fire off a warning message if this happens again?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If the desktop app isn’t running on your computer, then you won’t see the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar, like Rich mentioned above, as well. This means that the Dropbox app isn't syncing to our servers and your web account/linked devices.

Besides that, if the Dropbox app is running and there are still syncing issues, there will be an indication on the small Dropbox icon. By clicking on it, you can see more info on its syncing status.

You can also consult this Help Center article (for Windows/Linux) or this one (for the latest macOS version), which explains the different icons that may indicate your Dropbox app’s facing a syncing issue.

Hope that helps a bit!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    bazdrop New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?