cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of touchscreen function after downloading a file on my Microsoft Surface 3

Loss of touchscreen function after downloading a file on my Microsoft Surface 3

gary_k
New member | Level 2

I am using a Microsoft Surface Model 3 that has a touchscreen, a keyboard with a touchpad, and a USB connection for a mouse.  Our group of seniors has a set of documents in Dropbox that can be accessed individually by touching the title in a list where all are hyperlinked.  Each document also has a button to return to the list.  This works fine when I am in Dropbox, but if I download the list and attached documents, the touch screen function is lost; I cannot use touch to go to or return from a document.  If I use the touchpad or the mouse to move the cursor on the screen to click on a document, it works perfectly, but I cannot use the touchscreen.  I can use the touchscreen to scroll through all of the documents, so touchscreen function is not completely lost.  I is like all of the hyperlinks have been deactivated if using the touchscreen.  The other members of the group do not have the same problem when they download the list and documents.  (I think that everyone else uses an Apple iPad of some type.)  This is handy when using the documents where Wi-Fi is not available.  All ideas appreciated.  Thank you.  gary_k.

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @gary_k, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

What version of the Dropbox app are you running on your device?

When you say you download the file, are you using the touchscreen while in the Dropbox app? Are you using the Dropbox mobile app, or the website?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?