cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to download a Dropbox APK file for Android from their website?

Is it possible to download a Dropbox APK file for Android from their website?

bvl96
New member | Level 2

hello everyone, how do i download the android apk for dropbox from their website?

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@bvl96 wrote:

hello everyone, how do i download the android apk for dropbox from their website?

The Android mobile app is installed through the Google Play store. They don't offer the APK file for direct download.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@bvl96 wrote:

Hi @bvl96,

Direct download is not possible from Dropbox website (don't ask me why) nor from Google play site. As Rich pointed, you can install the application using Google Play.

If on your device is not available Google play service though, you can copy the apk from another device with installed Dropbox application. All applications apks installed on particular device are available in folder '/data/app' (or subfolder there). There are many applications that do this for you. Also, there are web services that extract apks from google play (in such a case no need a device with working Google play). Choose whatever way is convenient for you. 😉

Hope this gives direction.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?