cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Installation failed error 0x800700002 on Windows 11

Installation failed error 0x800700002 on Windows 11

nazzgo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have version 186.3.6190 on my Windows 11 laptop. I just migrated from a previous laptop.
I see the latest version is 186.4.6207 / November 1, 2023.
It doesn't update automatically anymore, so I'm trying to launch Dropboxinstaller.exe, just downloaded, but I get the error "Installation failed error 0x800700002".
How can I keep Dropbox updated?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@nazzgo wrote:

I have version 186.3.6190 ... I see the latest version is 186.4.6207 / November 1, 2023.

The latest stable release is actually 187.4.56913. You can find all of the releases in the Client Builds section. Also, note that you appear to be on the Early Releases channel. The second number in the version denotes the channel; .3 is for Beta, .4 is for Stable.

Since you're on the betas, you won't automatically update to the stable .4 releases. You should be getting the next beta, which is 188.3.6042, assuming Dropbox has pushed it out to you. Not everyone gets every version. Some updates are only pushed when deemed necessary. Under normal circumstances you should just let it update on its own, but if you want to be on the latest beta, you can download it from the link above and try to install it.

If you don't want to be on the Early Releases channel, go to your Account page and turn off Early Access, then uninstall Dropbox from your computer and install the latest stable release from the link above.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@nazzgo wrote:

I have version 186.3.6190 ... I see the latest version is 186.4.6207 / November 1, 2023.

The latest stable release is actually 187.4.56913. You can find all of the releases in the Client Builds section. Also, note that you appear to be on the Early Releases channel. The second number in the version denotes the channel; .3 is for Beta, .4 is for Stable.

Since you're on the betas, you won't automatically update to the stable .4 releases. You should be getting the next beta, which is 188.3.6042, assuming Dropbox has pushed it out to you. Not everyone gets every version. Some updates are only pushed when deemed necessary. Under normal circumstances you should just let it update on its own, but if you want to be on the latest beta, you can download it from the link above and try to install it.

If you don't want to be on the Early Releases channel, go to your Account page and turn off Early Access, then uninstall Dropbox from your computer and install the latest stable release from the link above.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?