cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Failed Error Code 1073741795

Installation Failed Error Code 1073741795

The TechJedi
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I keep getting the same error over and over again.

I have tried every suggested resolution and nothing has worked. Anyone?

TheTechJedi_0-1639185416440.png

150 Replies 150

humus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Altough I desintalled everything on my computer, I still see this in the taskbar menu... Something is still there.

dede.png

I can still install and uninstall v.112.3.254 but unable to login... asks me to download latest version. I tried to install this build

but no success... Is there a significant change between v.112 and v.131 that could explain this error code? 

indraj436
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My problem is still the same. 

Please let me know what to do.

humus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@indraj436 does v.112.3.254 work for you?

JenTo
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I sent you an email follow up to your last reply, but it looks like that ticket was closed and no further reply can be made. Here is what I wrote: 

Thanks for your patience.

Neither "Dropbox" nor "DropboxUpdate" appear in the registry folders you indicated:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\

We removed the various folders from Windows as instructed, then restarted my computer.

We then downloaded the full offline installer and installation ended in the same error as I originally reported.

I do not know what to do at this point.

===

@Walter

JenTo
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

As a final note, I would just like to add that we have followed the advanced reinstall instructions a number of times, each time removing the related folders and cleaning up the registry and each time the reinstall ends in this same error message. We have tried installing while my computer anti-virus and anti-malware programs were disabled; we have tried while logged in to Dropbox and while not logged in; we have tried after disabling and uninstalling the OneDrive app (which I do not use), all without success.

I've been through a number of other forum posts that contain this error and none of them apparently have been resolved successfully, or at least not publicly. If anyone has had this issue and knows what 3rd party apps or hardware conflict prevents Dropbox from installing or has found a solution, I and other users would be truly grateful if you'd share. TIA

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @JenTo, hope you’re doing well!

I went through your last posts, and l understand that your previous ticket was automatically closed after some time. 

In this case, would you like me to open a new one for you perhaps, and have a look into this? 

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JenTo
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Dear Nancy, My previous Ticket was #15786755 and as a free Dropbox user, I appreciate your generous offer. That follow up ticket originally opened by @Walter  also describes my steps following receiving the in-tray notice from Dropbox that I had 21 days to update the Dropbox app on my computer. Again, Win10Pro, 64-bit, v21H1 (soon v21H2)

However, if there is a solution to this error that goes beyond rotely performing (again and again) an advanced reinstall, or involves removing known conflicting software/hardware, please consider posting the solution publicly. There are a number of users here who would benefit from this information.

Thank you.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I totally understand what you mean. 

The issue is that, if the advanced reinstall didn’t help resolve the issue, I’ll need to see more details on your account, in order to find the best next step. 

Since I don’t have any visibility over your Dropbox account here on the forum, I’ve sent you a new email to your Community email address. 

Feel free to reply to me, and we’ll take it from there.

Cheers!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MRBUSBY
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Did anyone ever receive a resolution for this error code when trying to install Dropbox?

I am using a new computer, Win 11, not in S mode.

Please help.

Here's another thing... I can't find where to put a good reply email address in my profile... so please use [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

dettad
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

i have the same Problem, and the support doesn´t have a solution so far.

it is very frustrating.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    hlussiatti Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Idelone New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?