cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Installation Failed Error Code 1073741795

Installation Failed Error Code 1073741795

The TechJedi
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I keep getting the same error over and over again.

I have tried every suggested resolution and nothing has worked. Anyone?

TheTechJedi_0-1639185416440.png

150 Replies 150

mwochoa
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is there an update to this issue? It it starting to cause an issue with our business continuity as many of our users are not accustomed to having to switch between the web or the S mode. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mwochoa, thanks for the nudge and sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

If you haven't reached out to our Support team yet, may I reach out via email to have a further look into this matter with account and device specific information?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

yho123456
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I was asked by the dev-team to run a command line install and send back the stack-trace to them, and so I did. Let's pray this contains helpful information for them to debug 🙂

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update @yho123456 - let us know if you need anything else!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

mwochoa
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Nothing yet. So far they're asking me to send error logs for an app that won't install. 

AppoCaly
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Such a major issue and Dropbox does not seem to care... 😞

I will ask again - Can you please at least extend the support of old versions so they will sync again? 120.x worked perfectly fine.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @AppoCaly, thanks for the nudge on this.

I just wanted to let you know that the team is still working on this and we'll let you know once we have an update to share.

In the meantime, you can try older builds of our desktop app from this page, but note that they'd automatically update to the latest version eventually. 

Cheers!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

yho123456
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks Walter. The point being raised by several of us now is that Dropbox has deliberately disabled the protocol used in older versions, which is why everyone who cannot upgrade also cannot sync for almost two months now. Reverting this would at least give us the possibility to sync our data. This is why this has been requested multiple times but has yet not been responded to from a technical point of view.

JenTo
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Adding that there are several replies in this thread where users advised that they'd already tried installing previous versions but were unable to log in as it asks for the most recent version. Has something changed on dropbox's end in the meantime?

I'm not sure why this issue is marked "resolved" when it is not. In every other forum I participate in, "resolved" means a solution has been found and implemented.

mtesta
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dropbox's handling of this has been atrocious. This is a critical productivity app. . .one where your entire data security is based on the ability to sync. That it has been months with no resolution is stunning. I need to find another data option. This is ridiculous. 

Need more support?