cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox installation failed with errord code -1073741795

Installation Failed Error Code 1073741795

The TechJedi
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I keep getting the same error over and over again.

I have tried every suggested resolution and nothing has worked. Anyone?

TheTechJedi_0-1639185416440.png

150 Replies 150

AppoCaly
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi @Megan,
I cannot create a ticket as I have a free account.

However, I have exactly the same problem as the other users here. The last version I could install was 120. It stopped syncing and it is not possible to update due to the described error.

Emmet
Community Manager
Go to solution

Our engineers are aware of the 'Installation failure: Error code 1073741795'. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to find resolution.

yho123456
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks @Megan, I probably wouldn't have found that link just on myself. I have reported the issue and mentioned that I am willing to help test things if this is helpful to the dev team.

mtesta
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I can't believe there is no resolution to this issue. . .I'm seriously contemplating using a different service. I need to have access to my data on all my devices. This is nuts. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Awesome job there, @yho123456! Thank you for taking the time to mention it here, and also for helping out the team with this! 😊

Also, @mtesta, please bear with us. I know this isn't ideal, but our team is working hard in order to get this resolved. I'll definitely make sure to update you when I hear back from them.

If you need anything else, let me know. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rigadin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I did the full reinstallation https://help.dropbox.com/fr-fr/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall and still the same !

What a big s. !

humus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Any news from the dev team?

mtesta
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Seriously, this needs to be addressed. It's been weeks. 

JenTo
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

It looks like DB support rolled the other threads into one https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Installation-Failed-Error-Code-1073741... and it's been marked "solved" because the engineers are aware of the issue and working on finding a resolution, we're sorry for the inconvenience. 

JenTo
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@Megan I trust DB support will update everyone whose posted to this thread or the other threads that were rolled into it. Thanks

Need more support?