cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Loading the correct version of drobox

I have a Plus plan, but my desktop app shows a Basic 2GB.

abrauman
Explorer | Level 4

I got a new mac (macbook pro M3) and I have a Dropbox subscription of 2T0 (Plus version) with already 2 mac using it. But when I load The dropbox soft on my new mac, the version I got is the free one ( with 2G0 bytes). ..how can I fix that ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@abrauman wrote:

i know the correct email adress but the problem is that it never ask me when it load to sign in ! it loads  everytime with the wrong email adress so my point is how I could reset that !

Sign out of the app. Open Dropbox.com in your web browser and sign out there as well. Sign in to Dropbox.com using the correct email address. Then try signing back in to the Dropbox app on the computer.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@abrauman wrote:

I got a new mac ... and I have a Dropbox subscription of 2T0 ... But when I load The dropbox soft on my new mac, the version I got is the free one ... how can I fix that ?

You're signing in to the wrong account. Make sure you're signing in with the same email address that you used when signing in on the other two computers.

abrauman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks This is exactly that, it doent take my good email adress but I do find the way to change this email to the good one, at each install (I did that 3 times) it takes again my wrong  email and when I try to change it on my web account, its says that my  email adress is already used. There is a way to enter my good email adress before the installation of dropbox ?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@abrauman wrote:

... when I try to change it on my web account, its says that my  email adress is already used.

That means there's already an account associated with that email address. As mentioned before, you likely have two different accounts.

On one of your other two Macs (not the new one) go into Dropbox Preferences, click the Account tab and verify the email address that's being used for that account. Once you determine what email address is used on those computers, use that email to sign in on the new one.

abrauman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks again for your quick answer  i know the correct email adress but the problem is that it never ask me when it load to sign in ! it loads  everytime with the wrong email adress so my point is how I could reset that !

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@abrauman wrote:

i know the correct email adress but the problem is that it never ask me when it load to sign in ! it loads  everytime with the wrong email adress so my point is how I could reset that !

Sign out of the app. Open Dropbox.com in your web browser and sign out there as well. Sign in to Dropbox.com using the correct email address. Then try signing back in to the Dropbox app on the computer.

abrauman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks It looks to work !

Need more support?