cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How user-friendly is Dropbox on mobile, and how seamless is your collaboration with your team?

How user-friendly is Dropbox on mobile, and how seamless is your collaboration with your team?

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Hey everyone! I'm Ela, a Product Manager at Dropbox. Our team is dedicated to improving the Dropbox mobile application to ensure a seamless and user-friendly experience for efficient team collaboration. I'm eager to learn about your usage of Dropbox on mobile (iOS or Android).

Particularly,

1. Which features on Dropbox mobile do you find challenging or difficult to use?

2. When  collaborating with your team on Dropbox, what specific issues do you encounter, and are there any limitations in the product that you've come across? Additionally, have you developed any workarounds for these challenges?

Your valuable insights will guide us in addressing these challenges and improving Dropbox.

If you're using Dropbox with your team and are open to collaborating with us and shaping the future of our product, simply write "I'm okay for Dropbox to contact me by email" in your response. Your feedback is crucial in making Dropbox even better. Thank you!

21 Replies 21

Haluk K.
New member | Level 2

I'm sorry to reply to this message as it may not be relevant to what I'm asking but I could not find a way to to start a new thread for my problem. 

I'm trying to remove the one-click super easy google sign in ability to dropbox from my mobile phone. Currently, whoever gets a hold of my mobile device, searches for the DropBox app, and  find it can simply log in by choosing "an account to continue with Drop Box" via the automatically pop in "sign in with Google" layer.

Does anyone know how to disable this layer so that the mobile app would alway asks for a password to be typed in? 

Antony P.3
Explorer | Level 4
1. I'm really sorry, but I can't find the customise icon anywhere within my Dropbox Android app.
2. This is a two-click, not a single-click solution (and anyway the folders should remember their views).
3. Thank you.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Haluk K.! What you can do instead, so that no one can access your Dropbox account, is to set a unique passcode when opening the app, that you’ll only know. Here are the steps on how to configure this.

@Antony P.3, the customize/palette icon should be visible at your Home tab (not the Files tab) and at the top right corner. 

Hope this helps!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Philip Kapadia
Explorer | Level 4

I am sorry but the UX of downloading/uploading files to dropbox mobile is poor. 

Is there really no download/upload progress bar on the mobile app?

How am I supposed to know if a file has uploaded/downloaded to or from my phone without a progress bar?

I hope I'm missing something and there is actually a way to enable this...

Antony P.3
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Nancy,
Yes, the palette icon has now appeared in a new update. However, now the spacing is different between folders – is there a way to customize (reduce) that, so that more fits on the screen?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Philip Kapadia, welcome to our Community! 

Can you clarify the OS and Dropbox app version you're using on your end, and also let me know if you're talking about camera uploads, or manually uploading files by clicking the + icon? 

Feel free to send me a screenshot too, if you have one available. 

Also @Antony P.3, I do not believe that's possible, but give me some time to check internally about this, and I'll get back to you. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Antony P.3 - sorry to jump in here, but I wanted to let you know that we checked back with the team and it seems that the spacing between folders can't be customized at this time. 

Thanks for your feedback on this! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Philip Kapadia
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Megan, Thank you. 

I'm on the latest Android OS and Dropbox (Apologies - too lazy to find out for the moment, but I don't think it's relevant for the suggestion I'm trying to make)

I'm trying to download files from my Dropbox account, but I noticed when I initialize the download, there is no progress bar within the application, which indicates how many GB is left to download. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback on this @Philip Kapadia - we've passed it on to the team.

Our team is currently investigating this feature, and we'll update you as soon as we have more to share!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Philip Kapadia, and sorry for the late response. 

After checking with our team as well, there should be indeed a progress bar when downloading/exporting your files from the mobile app.

Are you still unable to see it? 

If yes, I’d like to know the Dropbox app version you’re using.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Spotiflyerteam Explorer | Level 3
    Philip Kapadia Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?