cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to expand left sidebar width on the website?

How to expand left sidebar width on the website?

MariaSki
New member | Level 2

How can I expand the left sidebar width. I have many levels of files and I can not see the names of folders that I want to move files into. As you can see below, all I can see is the first letter of the folder "A" and there are several of them. I want to be able to expand the left sidebar so I can see the names of those folders and not just the first letter. I was able to do it before, but not now for some reason.

MariaSki_0-1711570861666.png

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MariaSki, thanks for messaging the Community.

Currently, it isn't possible to expand the navigation menu beyond a certain point.

We appreciate the feedback on this matter and we take all comments into consideration when improving the Dropbox site and services.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

peterchristensen
New member | Level 2

Same problem here. Please fix it dropbox.

IsItMeYoureLookingFor
New member | Level 2

Same here. We use DB for work and at third level (so company name, department, department main folder), DB starts cutting off folder names. Our names aren't even that long. By the 4th level, where we start putting images/docs by client name, job, or product, I can only see a few letters and it makes keeping stuff organized very difficult. Especially between multiple people in the company. I'm starting to find new folders with the same names as other folders, each in different places, because people couldn't;t find the folder they needed so they made a new one. 

You need to make it so we can extend the left folder sidebar, especially for business accounts.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @IsItMeYoureLookingFor - thanks for joining the discussion here and sharing your use-case too.

If it's not too much trouble, you can post your suggestion in our Share an Idea section following these tips.

Thanks for your feedback! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

enquire
New member | Level 2

What is the constraint?!?  I rather doubt that it is a limitation of HTML5 or its successors...
I assume that there is some in-built use case assumptions in the code - surely this can be generalized so as to remove whatever "beyond a certain point" restrictions.  In terms of functionality and usability, this is a bit of a pain ...

enquire
New member | Level 2

This appears to be a duplicate of a (locked) thread:

~~

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

enquire New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    IsItMeYoureLookingFor New member | Level 2
    peterchristensen New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?