cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox API error with 500

Error 500 when trying to access the Dropbox website

kmnyc
New member | Level 2

Unable to access dropbox website or my files - keep getting this message :

Error (500)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

The issue seems to have been resolved and the website is accessible once again.

1b8547f3172fd791b71240452360ecc1.png

View solution in original post

65 Replies 65

Not applicable

Dropbox has an error 500

Xfajardo
New member | Level 2

Si por favor verificar por qué me sale ese error

tcraigen
New member | Level 2

My whole department is only getting the Error (500) page on dropbox when we try to do anything today. Whether it is uploading, logging in, or clicking old share links, all we get is the Error page...

DanielleDelosSantos
Helpful | Level 5

My Dropbox account appeared like this just now. I don't exactly know what happened. This just happened all of a sudden right after I connected my Dropbox account to Airtable. Can someone answer me? Thanks!

DanielleDelosSantos_1-1716910353645.png

ST-Nate
New member | Level 2

Same for us. Hopefully resolved soon.

CLDLA
New member | Level 2

Unable to login in to dropbox.com.

Message says "Error (500) - Something went wrong.  Don't worry, your files are still safe...

dzarc
New member | Level 2

Yeah... I'm getting the same thing!  Weird!  I started a chat but I am #46 in the que... so it must be a wide spread issue!  

OldMacITGuy
Helpful | Level 6

@Hannah I am with an organization with a business plan and I am seeing users across North America who are seeing the same error. The error is occurring in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and with multiple unrelated Dropbox accounts (eg. work and personal). 

The main Dropbox home page will load, but after trying to log in, any following pages are generating the error.

Clearing Dropbox cookies and browser cache does not fix the issue. 

Franken
New member | Level 2

Same. I have tried deleting my cache, using incognito mode, and changing browsers without it getting better

Need more support?