cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app on Windows is not syncing or working at all, and is crashing other apps

Dropbox app on Windows is not syncing or working at all, and is crashing other apps

ZOsborn
New member | Level 2

Dropbox has worked for me for 6 months. Then one day out of the blue it just stopped working. It started crashing and crashing the apps I was using in connection with it. It now won't sync, I can't open files from it, and I can't get it to work. 

A little background: I use it on online-only file mode. It has worked for 6 months with that. And I have an hp envy windows computer. 

What I have tried to do: restart the computer, uninstall and reinstall dropbox about 50 times, tried different settings when reinstalling, I then got info from support to type into the computer and that didn't find any issues, then I was told to turn off my firewall and protection but my computer doesn't give me the option to do that like it is supposed to. I haven't tried anything besides that. 

Please help. I use this for work and using the website instead of the app is turning 8 hour days into 10-11 hour days. I really need this to work again. 

3 Replies 3

ZOsborn
New member | Level 2

None of the files can be "accessed by the computer" and there is no option to make Dropbox all online, or to sync everything, all of those disappear. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ZOsborn, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As you've already been in contact with support, and have done most of the steps we would suggest, I'd recommend contacting them again for further assistance on this matter.

They should be able to provide you with more account and device-specific troubleshooting.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ZOsborn
New member | Level 2

Thank you! I am just trying to see if anyone else has any more ideas. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ZOsborn New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?