cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows 11 DbxSvc CertFindCertificateInStore failed

CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or property.

keithfkelly
Helpful | Level 6

As  multiple other users have already reported over the last couple years, I am seeing many of these error events in my Windows 10 Event Viewer, all coming from the DbxSvc (Dropbox service) event source.

Can you all please fix your desktop client software to stop spamming my event logs with these errors?  This issue has dragged on far, far too long already.  Either stop emitting these errors, or fix the underlying problem.

Thank you.

81 Replies 81

CKret
Helpful | Level 5

Since I uninstalled Dropbox my computer has been running 24/7 for 2 weeks now without ANY problems... There were other issues as well that I did not link to Dropbox (graphic issues and other things) but they have also disappeared... Something is very wrong with DbxSvc...

tllind
New member | Level 2

Experiencing this same issue - Laptop has had multiple BSOD that has required a hard reboot because of "CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or property." Following this thread so I know when I can download the desktop client again - not worth the trouble until this gets fixed.

farslayer9
New member | Level 2

Same errors here, same crap.  Over 40 years writing software and my 14yo could out-do you.  So after having been a customer for, what, nearly 20 years or so??  I'm gone.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone! To investigate this further, we’ll need to continue through support directly. Anyone that wants to proceed, please let me know here and I can log a ticket for you.

Thanks.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jacobacci
New member | Level 2

Hello @Nancy 

I have the same issue as described in this thread.

How to I open a support ticket with you?

Thanks and best

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jacobacci! Please check your email address; you should be seeing a new message from me. I’ll be waiting for your reply there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Homegrown Phenom
Helpful | Level 6

@Nancy 

please include me here, although I did have a support ticket opened for this years ago that went nowhere.  At this point i'll try again and see what you can do to solve.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Homegrown Phenom, I just sent you an email, so we'll continue there.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

RBurn2024
New member | Level 2

Please add me as well.

Need more support?