cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or property.

CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or property.

keithfkelly
Helpful | Level 6

As  multiple other users have already reported over the last couple years, I am seeing many of these error events in my Windows 10 Event Viewer, all coming from the DbxSvc (Dropbox service) event source.

Can you all please fix your desktop client software to stop spamming my event logs with these errors?  This issue has dragged on far, far too long already.  Either stop emitting these errors, or fix the underlying problem.

Thank you.

81 Replies 81

RichT
Helpful | Level 6

I am suffering with this issue on several computers. I have tried the clean reinstall process recommended and it makes no difference. It's not causing crashes or any other practical issues it's just filling up the event log with lots of unnecessary critical errors.

AlexisE
New member | Level 2

Same thing here

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RichT, & @AlexisE, how are you today?

Could you clarify the version of the desktop app that you're using on your end, and send me a screenshot of the event logs you see on your end too?

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RichT
Helpful | Level 6

Ok thanks - here it is - same errors on my other computer. I have a Dropbox Plus subscription which is sync'd on 2 computers + an iphone & ipad. version is 166.4.2920 on this computer - same on the other one. Both computers are Windows 11 x64 v 10.0.22621.1194 

RichT_0-1675287923200.png

RichT
Helpful | Level 6

@Megan how are you getting on responding on this issue?

Homegrown Phenom
Helpful | Level 6

@RichT don't hold your breathe... they will never acknowledge or respond with a solution on this issue.  nearly 2 years and counting for me...

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi all, happy Tuesday! 

I hope you're doing well. For anyone facing this issue, would it be okay if I reach out to you internally, in order for us to have a closer look into this?

Let me know! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

RichT
Helpful | Level 6

@Megan yes please feel free to email me on my account email

donwright
Helpful | Level 6

I've had this exact issue for 3+ years and nobody ever was able to help me resolve it . . . . in the end they said "At least they aren't CRITICAL errors and are only ERRORS"

And I'm a BUSINESS customer . . . . everyone I know (11 of my clients) all have the same issue. . . . . I gave up and am 2-3 months away from switching to my dedicated and AMAZON S3 SECURED Synology Cloud system . . .

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@RichT, I just logged a ticket for you. Please get back to me, when possible, and we’ll check this further.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?