cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

Chemagc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Lo único que ha funcionado como apunta @Sneaker42  de manera sencilla para quien tenga eset + win10 es desinstalar e instalar la siguiente beta, a mi me ha funcionado también. 

Os dejo enlace:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277

Lamentable respuesta del equipo de dropbbox que no da soporte personalizado a cuentas básicas, cada vez mas seguiremos pagando extra a Google Drive.

theoagr
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It works.

Thank U

xMedhat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox is showing Can't Establish Secure Connection, I've made sure I've allowed it in the windows Firewall and ESET firewall

I didn't change any thing recently in my computer or internet setup and I don't know the reason for this error.

coyotius
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Add me to the list of people with this issue.  Weirdly, it's only on my desktop PC.  I've followed all the troubleshooting tips and I'm now left in the dark.  I can access Dropbox.com from my work laptop and another personal laptop on my home wifi just fine so that means my ISP and router are most likely not the issue.  Additionally, the problem occurs in both Edge and Chrome, so browsers are out.  I've also disabled my firewall and AV, so I'm not suspicious of Norton360...which is also installed on my other home laptop with the same settings.  In fact I even added a network traffic exception to allow all incoming and outgoing comms with Dropbox.com.  My desktop app works just fine and is syncing without issue.  So something must be up with the TCP/IP portion of Windows when it comes to handling transfers through browsers...Google Drive works, so I guess not all data transfers.  This is a real PITA since I'm left with the only solution being a full re-format/re-install on the desktop.

SerhiiKo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem.

Fiddlevlad
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello there! So, I've been using Dropbox for years now, got myself a new computer, dropbox was working just fine for months until suddenly I started getting the infamous "can't establish a secure internet connection" problem. Didn't change anything, didn't install any new programs, disabled proxy, made sure all firewalls/antiviruses had Dropbox listed as exception, tried reinstalling, so far nothing has worked. Every time I restart Dropbox it also tells me my computer is offline (which it isn't). Help!

Richard Harris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

From yesterday Dropbox on my PC will not connect. I get a message which says that a secure internet connection cannot be made because my computer's date and time is wrong which is not true. 

My laptop is still working OK on the same internet connection.

I have tried quitting and restarting, reinstalling Dropbox, changing proxy settings none of which worked.

Any suggestions please?

Dimitri De Rada
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ihave the same problem after the next (two days ago) windows 10 upgrade

Roopesh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

Even for me the same from today morning. same error. " cant establish secure internet connection". under prefference i cant unlink the computer also. if i rsetart windows and when dropbox starts, it says dropbox cant make secure connection because your computers date and time are incorrect. please update your date and time settings. please help to resolve this

@Fiddlevlad wrote:

Hello there! So, I've been using Dropbox for years now, got myself a new computer, dropbox was working just fine for months until suddenly I started getting the infamous "can't establish a secure internet connection" problem. Didn't change anything, didn't install any new programs, disabled proxy, made sure all firewalls/antiviruses had Dropbox listed as exception, tried reinstalling, so far nothing has worked. Every time I restart Dropbox it also tells me my computer is offline (which it isn't). Help!

Manaskos
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Cannot solve that problem ! I make every answer i read from forum ! But with no luck 1 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Herman66 Explorer | Level 3
    Junaid2 Explorer | Level 3
    Poseidon_Simons Explorer | Level 4
    MaxN68 Explorer | Level 4
    brunol49 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?