cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

Fran20201
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I see that since last Friday many of you have the same problem with Version 111.4.472. Has there been a solution? Mine is also not working. I tried everything that is given as advice. But nothing is working. I have two computers, one with still Win 7. There is no problem. But with Win 10. I use ESET. Now I tried to re-install, but (maybe 'of course') it's not working, as it's still lacking the internet concection.

WHAT TO DO???

US8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Would you please send the link to your post in Eset forum we should all make them notice this problem.

Thanks
@Samoreen

pep31
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue and the windows upgrade.  I uninstalled and attempted to reinstalled Dropbox v111.4.472. 

I changed the proxy settings to none and it still will not connect and it will not allow me to log in.  I do have an internet connection and I can get to Dropbox on via my web browser. 

Ray W.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Further to my previous post, I have now tried to access my Dropbox on three computers, and they are all showing this message.  I can access Dropbox and make changes from my phone though.

Nicole52
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks @bioman.  Your advice worked.  Many thanks  Nicole52

Martin D.22
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have seen 2 solutions ... 

1. Allow a Beta version to be installed ... Open dropbox.com; click the icon in the upper right; click 'settings' in the dopdown list; scroll down to 'Early releases and set to 'On'

2. In eset, allow dropbox to be exempt from SSL/TSL filtering ... Open eset; F5 for advanced setup; click 'Web and Email'; click 'SSL/TLS'; at 'List of SSL/TLS filtered applications' click 'edit'; scroll through the list of applications and click on dropbox and dropboxupdate

OK?

Martin D.22
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

1. Allow a Beta version to be installed ... Open dropbox.com; click the icon in the upper right; click 'settings' in the dopdown list; scroll down to 'Early releases and set to 'On'

2. In eset, allow dropbox to be exempt from SSL/TSL filtering ... Open eset; F5 for advanced setup; click 'Web and Email'; click 'SSL/TLS'; at 'List of SSL/TLS filtered applications' click 'edit'; scroll through the list of applications and click on dropbox and dropboxupdate

OK?

Martin D.22
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

OK?

Renate T.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Bioman, 

You have saved my sanity!  Thank you so much!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Star51, thanks for messaging the Community!

Are you using ESET antivirus software, or any other software that could be affecting your connection to the Dropbox site?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Herman66 Explorer | Level 3
    Junaid2 Explorer | Level 3
    Poseidon_Simons Explorer | Level 4
    MaxN68 Explorer | Level 4
    brunol49 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?