cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

n03l_k
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is why a forced auto-update is a HORRIBLE idea. 😠

v111.4.472 Windows Desktop Client is obviously broken. 

ExcelUser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

who is Walter?

did he have success?

Jordi Kapss
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dears,

In the Dropbox icon I've a red pilot: '' It's not possible to made a sure internet connexion''.In fact,my computer don´t syncronize archives with my Dropbox Business.

I've Windows 10 Home, full update at today.

I´m try to restart and the problem continue.

Can help me any expert ?

Best regards from Barcelona,Spain

Jordi

Martin D.22
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Seems to be a known issue wit Dropbox 11.4.472

I have not seen any estimate for a fix

Some messages in the support forum have claimed that the issue is rsolved in the Beta version
If you want to try that, you have to change a profile setting to allow beta versions

I haven't tried that -- Yet

Lars B
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem after updating dropbox and I have heard that this is a problem for many users. I hope dropbox will fix this and make corrections in the latest version 111.4.472  of the dekstop app.

Betty_boop45
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Updated to 111.4.472 ..initially blue tick but straight away gone back to red x on drop box icon .

ExcelUser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Daphne, thank you.  the Beta version has me running again.

my files from the old computer are transfering at this time.

treetoplake
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox wont sync or allow me to sign in in the app

My PC is high-end workstation 64GB ram for grafic and rendering work. I have Windows 10 latest updates 12.10.2020. I have used dropbox for years and mostly no problems. Being online all day for work glass-fibre connection internet connection is also no problem.

However from this afternoon the Dropbox app 111.4.472 says 'Cant establish a secure internet connection.' I am logged in to Dropbox by webbrowser no problem on the same PC.  This seems to be since I did the latest Windows updates also this afternoon. I have uninstalled Dropbox, restarted windows, then re-installed the Dropbox App from the website with the latest version .. the app installs but .. it says my PC is not connected to the internet. I have googled tips. System time is all automatic and set up correctly, I ensured dropbox.exe is allowed through Eset Firewall, proxy is set to 'NO proxy' in the app. In the app it says 'Account linking: This computer isnt linked to an account'. I click the Sign in drop-down .. and it minimises to greyed out icon. Dropbox app thinks my PC is offline.

Can someone give me a 'how to fix' this please! Thanks in advance.

Martin D.22
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The 'can't synch' error message went away ... 
And camera Uploads synched up

Strange that disabling the firewall didn't work, but this did

RegGuheert
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Walter is a Dropbox employee who gave instructions for ESET Internet Security users to work around this problem.  You can find his post with instructions back on page 23.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Herman66 Explorer | Level 3
    Junaid2 Explorer | Level 3
    Poseidon_Simons Explorer | Level 4
    MaxN68 Explorer | Level 4
    brunol49 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?