cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't establish secure internet connection

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

ak64
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi, 

since the last window10 updates there is no possibility to use dropbox, it keeps notifying that my computer is offline which of course it isn't! Please help to solve the problem!

stefan-zutekouw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Goedemiddag, ik heb een vraagje.

Wellicht is het gekomen door een update van windows 10, maar mijn dropbox geeft eerst aan dat mijn computer niet online is zie foto 1 en daarna geeft ie aan dat ie geen beveiligde internetverbinding tot stand kan brengen. zie foto 2. Met hulp van een kennis erbij gisteravond al van alles geprobeerd. De dropbox app van de pc verwijderd en de nieuwste versie erop gezet, dat helpt niet. Wij denken zelf dat het een instelling is van de virusscanner. Ik heb Eset virusscanner. Ook op mijn andere pc, waar die eset ook staat, krijg ik hem niet online. Nu is mijn vraag, kunnen jullie zien, of er iets in mijn account niet goed staat. Online trouwens kan ik wel alles doen wat ik wil, dat werkt wel perfect. Ook als de app op de telefoon wordt geinstalleerd werkt het perfect, maar op de pc via de app niet. 

Ik ben zeer benieuwd

Met groet Stefan Zutekouw Ochten, Nederland

foto 2.pngfoto 1.png

glam72
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@MarcBT see the solutions above! they worked for me!

Giorsoine
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The beta install linked to by people in thread made it work again, so unless you need a lot of fancy features, try that instead of doing a lot of ESET stuff. Dropbox broke the certificate and is fixing it with the next update it seems.

treetoplake
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you Walter .. this worked! Have a nice day! We should call you Sherlock Holmes 🙂 You solved it.

It was not a dropbox 'problem' but some settings with Eset.

juan34
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Tengo exactamente el mismo problema.

He reinstalado varias veces la aplicacion, en el pc de sobremesa no funciona, pero en los portatiles conectados a la misma red por wifi no da problemas, y tiene las misma versión.

Nunca habia tenido este problema despues de años utilizando esta aplicación

Jan28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I need help with mistake in syncing - dropbox stopped syncing and shows me "Can´t establish secure internet connection" and some files doesn´t have any icon, nor red x. I tried everythig what Dropbox robot recommended. Do you have some advice?

Abacha05
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.
I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing was found. I am using Eset Anti-Virus Software. So far I have spent all day trying to resolve an issue that I did not have a week ago.

What further actions do you recommend?

jagrab
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It works! Thanks

prashsahai
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The eset F5 trick did the work. 
Thanks

Need more support?