cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

fikusindigo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Tried tinkering with everything. Seems my antivirus protection (ESET) has problems with Dropbox. Disabling the SSL protocol in ESET worked for me.

gerygorenshtein
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Quick solution that does not involves installing beta client of Dropbox:

Go to ESET Antivirus settings (F5) advanced settings > web and email tab > SSL/TLS > disable "allow SSL/TLS protocol filtering setting" (the first one) > hit okay button. 

JahLion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

hi i fixed by installing beta version 

Samoreen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
@US8 wrote:
Would you please send the link to your post in Eset forum we should all make them notice this problem.

Thanks
@Samoreen

https://forum.eset.com/topic/26665-issue-after-installing-latest-version-of-dropbox-1114472/

Mikelone
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks! Resolved!

SHTQT1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Give this man a cigar, a drink, a hug, whatever! Sorted now thanks to this!!! 

glam72
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Man, I don't know how you guys figure this out but I just did this and it seems to have worked!!!!!!!!!!!  thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarcBT
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi:

I have a problem with dropbox sync since 2 days ago.

It shows "Can't establish secure internet connection".

I use Windows 10 and ESET NOD32 A-V.

I have Dropbox allowed in windows firewall and I've tried to disable the firewall and the A-V.

I have the proxy configuration disabled in Dropbox.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Need more support?