cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant establish secure internet connection

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

Steve B.28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Changes to my Eset antivirus works for me, thank you (but i can't leave this configuration of Eset for ever, can we expect a Dropbox update ?).
Thank you.

Steve

prashsahai
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi There, 

I've noticed yesterday that I am unable to sync some files through my win10 computer. 
It shows that I am offline and my system time and date are not correct. 
Actually, both of these things are working fine, and even after, few restarts and reinstalling the Dropbox app, were not able to resolve the issue.  

So please tell me how to resolve this connection issue! 
it says
"can't establish secure internet connection" 

Thanks. 

Prashant Sahai

Pedram Elmi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So you say the beta version works. It will be corrected again in new updates, but for now, where can I find the beta version?

Leandri Muller
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My dropbox wont sync on my hard drive, it just says cant establish a secure internet connection and indexing 14 files.

Please can someone help because I tried loggin in online to upload a document and it just fails.

DrYu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As of yesterday syncing has stopped and i'm getting an error "can't establish a secure internet connection". Time and date are correct, tried disabeling the antivirus and it didn't help, nor did changing the settings to "no proxy". Any ideas?

JahLion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi i have the same problem yesterday after updating windows 10, and yes i have ESET Antivirus. How can i fix this problem? thank you

Mikelone
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I also have the same problem: red icon "unable to establish secure connection". I checked the time of the pc, disabled antivirus, settings on "no proxy" but NOTHING! Help me thanks!

JahLion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

hi i'm in trouble with this issue. i have eset antivirus. how can i fix it. thanx in advance

snakie_kk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same thing happened to me before to both my laptop and desktop.  At least the flies and folders seem synced. havent' find a solution to this yet... having this issues one week now.

Hope, we get a reply soon.

Giorsoine
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Got same problem and is also using ESET.

Need more support?