cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't establish secure connection date and time worng

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

US8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Great! So I have upgrade to the new ver also .. If something will happed again remember my other temporary fix 😉

Bluesman_99
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

After Windows 10 update December 8, 2020—KB4592438, I get "Can't Establish secure connection"
I have reset the system clock and been through Antivirus and firewall settings to NO AVAIL

I can work around through my browser, but I would like to get the desktop app working again

Has anyone found a fix, yet?

lucyp23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No difference for me after doing this, still 'cannot establish secure connection' due to date and time being incorrect (again, the date and time are accurate)

LCField
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the exact same problem. I've cxhecked the firewall settings, time/date are set correctly, my folder is on the same drive as my operating sys and the same error message. I'm running ESET on a windows 10 64 bit sys with all software up to date. I hope they find a fix soon

lucyp23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks @bioman ! This is the only suggestion that has worked for me! 🙂

Mauro BZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is a problem using ESET Antivirus. 

Thank's WALTER Dropboxer

1. Open the main program window of your Windows ESET product.

2. Press F5 to access Advanced setup.

3. Click Web and Email, expand Protocol Filtering and then click the slider bar next to Enable application protocol content filtering to enable or disable this feature.

4. Look for "Excluded applications" and click on Edit.

5. Add Dropbox and Dropbox Update.

6. Click OK."

and restarted the laptop.

It seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for this!

lazygun247
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same exact issue. It's registering as can't establish the connection as well since I updated last night.

US8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

As a temporary solution try my fix  - link
Please let us know if it works for you (You will not be able to update right now, maybe in new versions it will work out, but for now it should work.).

@lucyp23 @LCField

Samoreen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I had the same problem under Windows 10 and the Eset fix worked for me. Never had to do this before. I have started a thread on the Eset forum.

ELgvenn2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Your tip worked as a charm Walter. Strange this is that on an identical win10 with/NOD32 system, everything worked just fine.....
Need more support?