cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot establish a secure connection

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

fellmaster
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

My dropbox files on my desktop wont sync.

When I hover over the sys tray icon and its red cross it says "cant establish secure internet connection"

been running smooth for years -up to now

anybody help pls 

maceloe301167
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

que solucion me dan, me pone 111.4.472 y me dice que no es posible una coneccion segura a internet

RickvdP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

het is 10-12 ; ik heb ook nog steeds dezelfde problemen

EricAnnegarn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Me too. Tried everything. Time. Reinstall, Nothing, On 3 machines. AAAAAARGH!

Ulf_Holm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Have the same problem on 2 machines. Last weeks it has been a lot of windows updates. The problems occured after that.

Lars B
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem and i have read on the internet that it is a common problem after updating to dropbox 111.4.472. I hope dropbox will solve the problem and correct the update.

Petar
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Walter advice on ESET worked too. Thanks.

But Dropbox will have to solve this problem in a more general way.

EricAnnegarn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How long will that take? How do we escalate the issue so someone pays attention?

Lars B
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think that everybody who has the problem has to mail Dropbox and ask for a solution. I think they have to make a correction in the last update 111.4.472.

StephenCheek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has stopped for me too - just the same message.  This is a big deal, and a real confidence killer

Need more support?