cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't establish secure connection date and time worng

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

hugoortega
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem since the last update to 11.4.472. from what we are seeing we are thousands of users with the same problem. Will they provide a solution?

mdoncan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

a mi me pasa lo mismo. ya lo desinstalé varias veces, borré los registros del REGEDIT, lo conecté en un internet sin firewall y me manda el mismo error. todo por esta ultima actualización.

cheggars
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
As above i get the following message on my Windows 10 laptop.' Cant establish secure internet connection'.
Its work fine for few years without any issue.
It also keeps saying that i have no internet connection and also that the Time and Date are incorrect. Even though both are working and correct.
I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling to no avail.
It has been like this for a week now.

Betty_boop45
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Go to page 23 and follow Walter's instructions!

J-M-S
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

THANK YOU Walter!

CarFloB
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this erro message 'Can't establish secure internet connection...'

I've checked my time on my PC, firewall, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing found, the problems is not in my side. The only solution is to back to the older version, but if I do so, the app updates itself again and the problem comes back

chmereles
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Muchas gracias Walter.... 👏👏👏

Kasbert
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My solution(based on Walter solution) has steps like this:
1) enter advanced ESS settings (press F5)
2) Click Web and Email-> SSL / TSL-> edit
3) Excluded applications-> edit
4) For Dropbox and Dropbox Update, change the mode from automatic to "Skip"
5) restart Dropbox

izolirband
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I suddently get the "Can't establish secure internet connection" message which I have never got before.

My date is set correctly.

I tried to disable my NOD32 antivirus, tried to change to "no proxy", tried to add dropxbox again to the trusted apps, tried uninstalling dropbox, etc.

I have windows 7. 

Nothing works 😞

I must get it to work asap for business use.

Thanks,

atypicalv
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem, Win 7

Need more support?