cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

Nicole52
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello

Currently running version 111.4.472 on my laptop.

I've been unable to sync my dropbox desktop app on my laptop for 4 days now.  I have loaded items into my dropbox iPhone app with no problems but it won't sync to my desktop app on my laptop.
Have been receiving the below error messages:
1. Dropbox can't make a secure connection because your computer's date and time are incorrect.  Please update your date and time settings. DONE - doesn't make any difference!

2. Can't establish secure internet connection.  INCORRECT - I'm online typing this message!

3. Your computer is currently offline. Please check your network settings.  INCORRECT - I'm online typing this message!

Could someone please advise how to fix this error ASAP.  I'm unable to operate my virtual business if my dropbox app on my desktop doesn't work!

Nicole52

AICVa
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

He aplicado la solución propuesta por Walter (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Cannot-establish-a-secure-connection-a...) y de momento parece haber resuelto el problema en uno de mis pc:

"4. Look for "Excluded applications" and click on Edit.

5. Add Dropbox and Dropbox Update."

Aclaro que no he tenido que modificar el estado de la opción "Enable application protocol content filtering", dejándola activada como ya estaba por defecto.

Ayer me encontré este problema en otro de mis pc y probé actualizando a la beta 112.3.254, también soventó la incidencia.

AKolev
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This did the trick for me. But hopefully this is somehow fixed after next update because i don't really want to make any exceptions in the security walls. Thanks! 🙂

Bastazach
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hello, couple of days ago my laptop cannot establish secure internet connection and my windows app is not working...

i tried all adviced in forums,but no progress...

Yorams
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there.

A few minutes ago, I got a red X on my Dropbox icon. If I go with my mouth over the icon, I have a message "cannot establish secure internet connection". I had the same problem in a second PC about few days ago and could not solve it. The time is correct. Why suddenly it happened and what can I do to resolve it?

Paul2468
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi There

I'm have the same issue, Can you please get in contact with me. The user pc is on windows 7

tbalto
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was facing the same issue ("Can't establish secure internet connection") since a couple of hours now. I have version Dropbox v111.4.472 and ESET on Windows 10.

I followed the steps from Walter (some posts before):

"For those of you using ESET, could you try the following steps and let us know if this persists? 

1. Open the main program window of your Windows ESET product.

2. Press F5 to access Advanced setup.

3. Click Web and Email, expand Protocol Filtering and then click the slider bar next to Enable application protocol content filtering to enable or disable this feature.

4. Look for "Excluded applications" and click on Edit.

5. Add Dropbox and Dropbox Update.

6. Click OK."

and restarted the laptop.

It seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for this!

RegGuheert
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, Walter!

The detailed instructions you provided for eset users fixed the problem for me.

I can confirm that a reboot was required to get Dropbox working again.

Strange problem.  Can you please let us know if this is something that Dropbox will address with an update so that we do not have to exclude it from security settings to make it work in the future?

Also, I would like to ask that Dropbox add regression testing for their product that includes testing on machines that are protected using ESET security.  This update broke your product in a major way with no warning or instructions provided to your customers.  TIA!

Thanks again,

Reg

TPI2020
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Installing the Beta version fixed Dropbox on Windows 10 Pro today.

Martin D.22
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have been seeing it too ... First one notebook, then a second notebook, now my desktop
I have tried all of the suggestions I could find using Google search ... in my case, the date/time is correct; proxys yes/no don't matter; and disabling the firewall does not matter

Yes, we need help

Need more support?