cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Error says my system is not connected to the internet when it is

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

Marghe_HP_Drop
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ho lo stesso problema con l'ultima versione dropbox, 111.4.472, ho un hp con l'ultima versione di windows 10.

Ho provato a seguire tutte le indicazioni riportate online senza ottenere risultato.

Come posso mantenere stabile la vecchia versione, che funziona correttamente, senza che si aggiorani a quella nuova continuamente?

Grazie

Gcalogero
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Riabilitando il filtro SSL/TLS, il problema si ripresenta

tyaatg8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem.  Have you managed to sort it out?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I completely understand your concern @Donna7752!

The best option would be to see if the beta version resolves the issue for you, as it would be a one time action (you don't need to uninstall before), and the app will update to the latest stable version when a new one is released.

However, from what I've seen it looks like some have had some success with these steps too, so it may be worth trying since their support team suggested this.

@Steven33, @jdoc50, @LiorT and @tyaatg8, please try installing the beta version of the app from here. If you still get the same error, please don't hesitate to give me a shout here.

@Gcalogero e @Marghe_HP_Drop, potete installare la versione beta dell'app da qui, per vedere se funziona?

(@Gcalogero and @Marghe_HP_Drop, can you please install the beta version of the app from here, to see if that does the trick?)

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

azreiner
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have experienced the exac same thing.  I've reviewed this with my son who works at Intel and is amazingly sharp with everything computer tech, and he tells me that this is not resolvable by individuals and that it falls on Dropbox to fix.  Sucks!  No warning...just that's it...DOA!

nimo12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi i cannt connect to my dropbox pc app. im using dropbox on the same computer for years and never had a problem before.

when i get into the app i get am massage "dropbox cannot make a secure connection because your computer date and time are incorrect...." and after that my computer is offline and dropbox can't establish internet connection.

i try all what i find in the comunnety help center.

reinstall the app, restart win, disabble antiviruss and fire wall. chaking the date and time on my pc...

nothing worked .

please help me

thanks in advance nimrod

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I've just moved your post here @ashley_ucil and @kellygirl, since you're having the same issue as the OP here.

Please try the beta version of the app to, which you can download here, and let me know how it goes.

Can you let me know if you've also tried this @azreiner?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RCL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Nimo12,

Suprisingly, there are several things that may cause your Windows computer to get the current date and time incorrect.

Steps

1. Check to see that your computer displays the correct date, time, and time zone.
  2. Also, check your Windows clock settings by right clicking the clock on the bottom right side of your task bar and select 'Adjust date/time.'Adjustdatentime.JPG
  3. You also mentioned that your computer is getting on in years so you may also want to change-out the CMOS battery on your motherboard and then make sure the date and time in your BIOS is correct. (Safety tip:  unplug and disconnect all power before working on electronic components; make sure you are well grounded before touching electronic components to prevent damage from static discharge).

If you found this response helpful, please click LIKE!

Lead Savvy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Turned off ESET to see if that is the problem. It was not. No idea what I am supposed to do with Proxy settings - no idea what those are or how to make adjustments to them (as was mentioned as a possible solution in other responses). Tried to uninstall and reinstall the program and that didn't work either. My laptop is working just fine with Eset on and syncing with no issues. Not sure what else to do.

axarlious
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The same problem here! I have checked everything, system, windows, my router etc. All have the same correct time and date. I tried also different appearence for these (just in case...) but the problem stays the same 3 days now in a row.

Need more support?