cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still problem

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

AllianceCablingInc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue, Cant establish internet connection then get the error that my computer is offline eventhough I am connected to the WiFi. Please help!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear it's working now, @Ricardoalmendra!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tonynz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@AllianceCablingInc wrote:

I am having the same issue, Cant establish internet connection then get the error that my computer is offline eventhough I am connected to the WiFi. Please help!

Assuming you're on a PC not a mac,  go into control panel, programs and features, and look for Dropbox and uninstall it.  Click through all the boxes as any data you have in the cloud will stay there.

Download the beta version of dropbox here - https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277

I don't know if this issue affects macs or not.

Go through the installation and hopefully you can just sign in and your files can resync.

Sten S
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 7) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

ifigares
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It works now! Great, many thanks.

alexnt
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Installing a beta version is not an accepted solution to me. I can use dropbox online until a stable version that fixes the problem is released.

Also some people here are so lazy to read the previous posts and ask for solution after 17 pages.... WTF?

coyotius
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Post deleted by myself.

Martin D.22
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Time/date is OK

No poxy servers

Disabled eset firewall - still fails

Running Windows 10, which is up to date

Still unable to connect on my Dell Latitude E6430 

nsirakov
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am using dropbox for more than 5 years and didn't get any problems until now.

My desktop app keeps saying to me that I can't connect because I don't have a secure connection to check my time and date - I checked and rechecked - they are correct... I stopped the antivirus as suggested... still nothing... now when I try to save NO PROXY - I can't!!! There is a message saying I am not connected to the internet... which is not correct as well... It seems a serious problem, but none of the community solutions seem to work for me...

Please help me deal with it...

Need more support?