cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

WenT
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been having the same problem for the past 2 days and have just now opened a technical support ticket via online chat. I gave them the link to this community support thread with all the people who have been having the same problem as me in the past week.  Hopefully that will get things fixed by Dropbox soon.

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Daphne if the previous version and the beta version works, then the problem isn't with Eset.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @fernandomtnez2002, I hope you're well today!

Please try installing this beta version of the desktop app to see if that does the trick.

If not, don't hesitate to drop me another message here - cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Just a quick update!

We believe that there might be a different issue for those with ESET on their devices too.

If the steps suggested here don't resolve the issue, or you already had this applied from our Help Center article, please let me know so I can reach out to you through our Support channel.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

PS. @ilyasukhman, I've just merged your post here, so please check out the post linked above when you have the time!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mousebladder
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This fix has worked for me. I am back up and running/syncing

Ricardoalmendra
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cannot establish secure internet connection on my desktop. It sais is due to date and time errors.

Followed all steps presented here https://help.dropbox.com/pt-br/installs-integrations/desktop/cant-establish-secure-connection and the program is still not working.

Anyone already managed to solve it?

asuss06
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

been using Dropbox for 10 yrs without issue.  yesterday i get a message saying "Cant establish a secure internet connection.  ive tried everything i have found online from previous posts, including shutting off my antivirus and firewall completely, but there is no luck. i use my dropbox daily so i need this working.  i also cant find any option to create a ticket, only help within the community.

hopefully someone can help. thanks in advance.

ahmadku
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I got the same problem and was going to write a post asking for help! Hope u guys can fix this error ASAP!

Fefeo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Grazie Sneaker42

Funzionaaaaa!!!!
E' perfetta, grazie ancora.
alla prossima

Fefeo

Clive_M
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Am running Win 10 on a SurfaceBook3 machine, Dropbox been working perfectly on this machine for last five months, suddenly decided to stop syncing. Not aware of any changes to pc environment. The Dropbox icon in Taskbar now has a red "X" and when hover mouse get message "Can't establish secure internet connection", though machine is connected securely to internet. Have tried quitting and re-starting the Dropbox programme and also have re-started the pc several times. Issue been going on for several days. I have a shared folder in Dropbox, shared with one other user. Should I delete this folder maybe and set up again? Thanks, Clive

Need more support?