cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

mauz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi everyone, the Dropbox team released a latest beta update -112.3.254- that fixes the issue, mine is back up running, i recommend you all install and will be able to sync your files 😉

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Yasser03rus 

See this thread. Your not alone with this problem.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Cannot-establish-a-secure-connection-a... 

It's a problem with a broken version, that was automatically updated.

Try the beta mentioned here. Worked for me.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277 

Mauro58
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ho lo stesso problema anche io, dall'aggiornamento 111.4.472.

La cosa strana è che il problema è sul desktop, mentre sul portatile finziona tutto perfettamente.

Ho provato a disattivare eset, ma il problema persiste, aprendo il programma e cliccando sulle preferenze NON vedo neanche l'account.

Cosa posso fare per risolvere il problema?

Grazie.

Mauro

Angel Quinteiro TA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Instalé la beta

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277

parece funcionar ... pero ten en cuenta que es una versión beta

mauz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Daphne78 

Hi. Can we get an offical reply on this topic please? The problem started on last friday and people keep piling up in this thread.

Is the topic under investigation? When can we go back from beta to stable version? 

Regards. Sneaker42

ilyasukhman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Перестала работать синхронизация. Версия приложения 111.4.472, появляется ошибка "не удается установить защищенное интернет соединение". Никаких настроек антивируса и фаервола не изменял, просто в один момент перестала работать синхронизация.  Свободного места достаточно. Подозреваю, что это связано как-то с обновлением, которое было 4 декабря. 
Помогите решить проблему.

(Synchronization stopped working. Application version 111.4.472, the error "cannot establish secure Internet connection" appears. I didn't change any antivirus and firewall settings, just synchronization stopped working at one moment. There is enough free space. I suspect it has something to do with the December 4th update.
Help solve the problem.)

mauz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I received an official reply from db team, they are on it, meanwhile for emergency sync they recomended the working beta update. It helped. 

romamia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

chi puo' aiutarci per favore?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for all your updates here everyone!

As I'm sure you've seen, this beta version of the desktop app has been suggested to resolve the issue for the moment while we look into this.

I've noticed a lot of mentions of using ESET too. In these cases, I can suggest checking to see if it's been set to exclude the Dropbox certificate within the "Ask about non-visited sites" mode.

Also, it would be worth ensuring that dropbox.exe is excluded from protocol filtering.

I'll be in touch here with any news on the topic, so please feel free to give me a nudge here too in the meantime!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?