cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stopped files synchronisation by Dropbox - info: problem with secure internet connection

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

mauz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello everyone, even with the "no proxies" setting, i am still having this issue unsolved, also tried the system time setting, please help, files are not uploading, thanks!

taxizhs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I always HAD eset and the dropbox was playing normally. I don't think that there is an issue with that. I tried also with avast antivirus in other pc STILL THE SAME PROBLEM

francorao1969
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dropbox non puo' stabilire una connessione sicura non so come risolvere questo problema aiutatemi perfavore grazie

taxizhs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If I had problem with browser and Antivirus WHY it allows me to Download and install the DROPBOX app???

So something else is happening!!!

taxizhs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It works with BETA but in my PLAN I have 3 Devices. It showed My Desktop Pc 2 times...... Once 8 months ago Twice 24Hours ago MY mobile active and My Desktop AGAIN as Acgtive as installed the BETA Version???

Why was that???

PG0607
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dear Community,

I have no idea what has happened, but since this morning my files have not been synchronised between my PC at work and my home laptop. The Dropbox shows a comment that a secure internet connection cannot be established. I see such info for the first time.

There is no problem with an internet connection, and all other internet-dependent soft seems to work fine, I have a running antiviral soft by ESET which reports no problems. Anyone can help?

Best regards,

PG

JebiteSiMater
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issues as everyone else... "Can't establish secure internet connection".

db.png

I've tried restarting the PC, uninstalling and installing again Dropbox but nothing fixed the issue.

Seems like DropBox messed up this time but so far no official explanation, aplogize and more importantly - a fix.

In the meantime, I have a question. How to disable auto-update of DropBox? Because I'm planning to uninstall it, install an old version and disable the auto-update (happened automatically two days ago, on December 4th) and never update it again.

Thanks.

MarketBlazer M.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the exact same problem, and also use ESET security. I opened a support ticket just now. Immediately after the auto update to 111.4.472 I can no longer get a secure connection. Nothing else has changed on my system, using same network, same physical device, no OS or appplication updates have been done. My proxy setting was 'auto'. I changed it to 'no proxy' but that didn't help. My system date and time is accurate. I even paused my ESET to see if that was the issue...it was not.

Have you had any luck getting a resolution to this problem?

Mezonek
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can confirm that I have exactly the same problem, on two different computers. The latest version does not simply connect and reports a date-time issue, but there is actually no issue. No standard fixes work. Installing a previous version worked, but after a few minutes Dropbox updated itself and it got broken again.

Mezonek
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Sice my Dropbox got updated to version 111.4.472 it cannot connect to the internet. It says "Can't establish secure internet connection" and nothing helps, on 2 different computers where no recent changes were made. Changing date-time, setting "no proxy", disabling antivirus and firewall, reinstalling - nothing works, neither does any of the other known fixed on the internet. Reinstalling to an older version worked fine, until Dropbox updated itself after a few minutes. So it is deffinitely a problem of the latest update.

Need more support?