cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

wilson576
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

I have the exact same issue since late Friday. I have tried everything,

• I have installed every single W10 update available
  • I have reinstalled Dropbox
  • I have turned off my Antivirus software (ESET 32) and Firewall as well
  • I have changed my clock to manual settings

On a different PC with an older Dropbox and W10 it works fine on the same network.

Nothing helped and seeing the amount of users with this problem it is clearly not an issue on my end.

Double Trouble
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is happening to me as well. System clock is correct, yet DropBox is using a SSL time sync cannot connect message. This is the first time this has happened to me in many years of DropBox usage, if I restall an older version( 105.4.651 ) It's working fine, but it's automatic updated to 111.4.472 and I get again the message: "Cannot establish a secure connection". This is a software problem!!

skiddyrow
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Looking at the posts in this thread it seems to be related to Win 10 + Latest Dropbox + ESET. As mentioned before the latest Beta solves the issue without any change to the others so curious to understand what the problem is.

Double Trouble
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Oooh I forgat, I have also using Eset, It seems that many people have the same error, but also that they have all installed Eset (!)

badambadam
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue with windows 7 + eset nod32.

I tried to restart computer, tried to switch proxy setting to 'no proxy' (as other article suggested) but nothing happened.

I restarted the application but the proxy setting switched back to 'auto-detect' so the problem remained the same.

Marek N
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

Dropbox start (about 2 day ago) sent the information "time and date in your computer is wrong". The time and date in the computer is ok. Where is the problem?

Thanks for help

Marek

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Could we please get an official reply from the customer service?

How is this problem getting resolved?

Does anyone know how to open a customer service ticket?

Chemagc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It is incredible that they do not respond to this thread officially, so thank you all for the help. I also have eset nod32 + win10 updated, does someone without eset antivirus also have this problem?

Sneaker42
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Double Trouble
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Well, I found a workaround,
namely install an older version and make sure that Dropbox cannot access the internet
afterwards and then change all update extensions in the program files folder
and also delete the new update files, now I have the 105 version working !
It works for me !

Need more support?