cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Impossibile stabilire una connessione sicura

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

taxizhs
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi I have the same problem

Can't establish secure internet connection!!!

I have 4 different ISP connections OPEN firewall CLOSE firewall nothing happend. Trying unistalling rebooting NOTHING

Windows 10 64bit

Thanks in Advance

Fefeo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Cia a tutti
ho lo stesso problema da questa mattina non riesco più a sincronizzare Dropbox vers. 111.4.472 mi dice impossibile stabilire una connessione sicura. Riesco ad entrare sul sito dropbox.com senza problemi. Mi ha dato anche un errore di data e ora. Se vado sulle impostazioni del programma e vado su Sincronizzazione selettiva mi da errore errore DropBox 01.JPG

Spero possa bastare per capire cosa succede, grazie

Fefeo

jocking
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have issues, I can't access my Dropbox from my computer.
- I tried setting the Proxy in Settings to "no", didn't work.

- I tried disabling the firewall and antivirus, didn't work.

- I tried reinstalling Dropbox, didn't work either.

The date and time are correct on the computer, I simply don't understand what the problem might be. It worked fine until the last time I used it a few weeks ago. 😞

Stefan K.30
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Running Windows Home on intel 3770

Dropbox was working then today started acting stupid, saying the date and time were wrong  (but they are correct)

Date and time in the bios is also correct.

I read this post

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Date-and-Time-on-laptop-incorrect-Date...

and tried setting the proxy to off as well as disabling eset. Still have the same problem. On another pc on the same LAN, dropbox works ok (that pc also has eset antivirus installed btw. The only difference is that it is running Windows 10 pro)

The time is correct. I updated windows home to 20H2 (the latest build). Removed dropbox completely. Removed eset completely. Reinstalled dropbox and STILL have the same problem. If I set the proxy to off, it still does not connect. If I stop the dropbox app and restart it, it restarts with proxy on auto.

Stefan K.30
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Running latest dropbox v 111.4.472 and problem persists even if I start dropbox as admin.

How does dropbox decide if the time is right or not?

Stefan K.30
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem on one machine that is running Windows Home but not the other machine running Windows 10 Pro. Both machines have been updated to the latest build of windows (20H2) Both machines have eset running. On the windows home machine, I tried setting the proxy to off, removing eset and reinstalling dropbox, running dropbox as admin but nothing helps.

How does dropbox get the time? And what does it do when it CANNOT connnect to the time server?

alex870
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, today dropbox gives me the following problem ... 
"unable to establish a secure connection, set date and time correctly on the system".
I have checked but the date and time are correct. How to do ?

Rinidada
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been getting this message "Can't establish secure internet connection" since yesterday. Plus - something about the date and time supposedly set wrong on the computer. The internet is flying. Date and time are set correctly. Dropbox settings have "No proxy" box checked. My antivirus (EsetNod32) had been working smoothly with Dropbox for years and nothing has changed yesterday in its way either. I tried disabling my antivirus anyway - it didn't help. Any other suggestions? I've read all other threads here on the same topic. Their solutions didn't help. Opening a ticket through https://dropbox.com/support seems like a joke to me since that page has NO links or buttons to allow me to open such ticket. It has a link "find out more" which sends to a page that suggests going back to dropbox.com/support . It just ain't funny going in circles to find the answer. Please answer here.

Thank you!

CheckUp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Exact same problem here..

I did the same steps and running win 10 with eset.

Himanshu_101
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am too having the same problem from the past three days.

Need more support?