cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

440 Replies 440

Wojty
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Installed 110.4.458 and with my ESET Firewall set to "Interactive Mode" clicked on "Deny" access when the updater popped up while trying to connect...

Until next restart (which will take a while since I mostly use hibernation mode) Dropbox may work as before.

This may be one possible attempt to use DB until the issue gets fixed. Hope it helps.

skiddyrow
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

112.3.254 Beta has resolved this problem for me until the stable fix comes in

Lukas8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Good morning

I have a dropbox version 111.4.472 since yesterday I have the message "Cannot establish a secure internet connection" I checked the date and time and it's ok

uncsuperfan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The beta version 112.3.254 definitely fixes the problem.  Since I don't use many of the more advanced features of Dropbox, I hope this beta will be relatively stable for me.

The main production version is definitely seriously messed up.

intz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Update 3: The beta version 112.3.254  works fine... So it was definately a problem of the latest version. Another solution could be offered by using the portable dropbox app using a previous version and selecting not to update it automatically. 

PopAlex
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

Recently, I keep getting the error Can't establish secure internet connection in dropbox for desktop for a few weeks now.

I don't have a proxy, checked the date and time, and reinstalled dropbox, hopping that it will solve the issue.

I've also disabled my antivirus temporarily, and set the proxy settings to No Proxy with no avail.

Unfortunately, the issue is not solved.

Can I please get some help with this issue ?

Thank you

MrMike59
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue.

Dropbox 111.4.472

Can't establish secure internet connection Syncing...

alexnt
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here.

Cannot establish a secure connection

Everything is ok when I revert to 110.4.458

uncsuperfan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Folks --

For those having this issue, the main solution is to move to the beta version.  So far, it seems relatively stable.

The beta version is here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-112-3-254/td-p/476277

midspace
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same issue.
User of Dropbox for years, haven't had this problem before, then suddenly one of my computers is displaying this message yesterday and it won't sync.

It only started after Dropbox was updated to 111.4.472

I went through all the suggested processes, checing date/time, antivirus etc, and none of them worked.

It is not working on Windows 10, Version 10.0.19042

My other PC which I have access to, does not have this issue, dropbox connects fine.

It is working on Windows 10, Version 10.0.18363

It does look to be an issue between the Windows version and the latest Dropbox.

Following the consensus, I'll be going to install the beta on the newer Windows 10 PC.

Edit: Beta version has fixed it for me. I'm not looking at any advanced or new features in the Beta, as long as it syncs, its good.

(The system tray Icon still looks crap in high contrast.)

Need more support?