cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't open the Dropbox desktop application on Mac OS 13.4

Can't open the Dropbox desktop application on Mac OS 13.4

MountainDog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Upgrade my Macbook Pro from 2018 to a new 2023 Macbook Pro M2. Installed the latest version of DB,, and the app crashes after a few minutes. However, I installed an older Intel version and it r,uns without crashing. I am a paying customer of DB. Tried running the adv reinstall (https://help.dropbox.com/installs/advanced-reinstall), and it installed the Intel version. Which is seems stable. Ideally, I would like to run DB natively. Open to suggestions and ideas.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 3.33.41 PM.png

 

M2 Proc

76 Replies 76

jdshaffer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same solution that everyone else is now reporting. Go to the "settings" at Dropbox.com and turn off "early releases". Then delete the old app, reboot (for good measure), and reinstall the latest version. The app has now been stable for me for the last 30+ hours. Whew!

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution
Hi everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We have identified an issue with the Dropbox desktop application alpha build that was released on June 15th, which caused the client to fail to load correctly on start-up. Our team have now resolved this issue.

If you have noticed that your Dropbox application has stopped running as intended, please visit dropbox.com/install to install the latest version. If you are on the latest version, please restart your device. 

Please note it is not necessary to turn off early releases for this fix as previously mentioned in this thread. If you have turned off early releases and would like to continue receiving early releases, please follow these steps.

We apologize for the disruption this caused your workflows. If you have questions or concerns, please let us know. 

Thank you. 

Cashcow3
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Is this still an issue for anyone. Luckily, it seems I missed the previous time it happened, but last night today I am experiencing the same issue as everyone else.

Tried reinstalling Dropbox app, but it won't even start. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Cashcow3, sorry to hear about this!

Are you getting any error messages, when trying to start the Dropbox app?

Does the Dropbox icon appear in your menu bar, when you reinstall it? If so, what do you see, if you click on it?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RossN
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey, 

I'm having the same issue as described above. I'v tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times but every time, the app starts, begins a sync and then closes unexpectedly. I've tried downloading via both Chrome and Safari but having no luck...

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @RossN! Are you able to check the app version of your Dropbox app next time you launch it? You can hover over the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar to see this. 

Did you also try to download it via this link, and it didn't make a difference?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bhak
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi.

I think part of this thread may be missing, but the solution is up there some place.

All solved.

Need more support?