cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox desktop application suddenly crashing on Mac OS Ventura

Can't open the Dropbox desktop application on Mac OS 13.4

MountainDog
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Upgrade my Macbook Pro from 2018 to a new 2023 Macbook Pro M2. Installed the latest version of DB,, and the app crashes after a few minutes. However, I installed an older Intel version and it r,uns without crashing. I am a paying customer of DB. Tried running the adv reinstall (https://help.dropbox.com/installs/advanced-reinstall), and it installed the Intel version. Which is seems stable. Ideally, I would like to run DB natively. Open to suggestions and ideas.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 3.33.41 PM.png

 

M2 Proc

76 Replies 76

CallmeKK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a brand new MBA 15" M2 - and was DB app was fine yesterday and the app died today. After three re-stalls, seems to be ok now. Odd for sure. 

Ventura 13.4 

cmcintoshphoto
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Having a similar issue it seems. It was working fine last night / this morning (possibly) but has since crashed and won't start. I tried a clean install (deleting all DB files from library) and it started, only to disappear when I went to right click on folder to share in finder. Horrible!! I just had to do a really headache-inducing clean install after dealing with massive issues with Beta last month! (currently using the non-Beta version)

Thomas Boettiger
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Reinstalled from the installer, it ran fine for a couple of minutes, now it's gone again: does not start, does not copy links from the finder. What's going on?

LarryFP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same for me.  It was working fine yesterday (June 15, 2023) at 12:30pm.  Then the icon was gone from the menu bar and showed as "Dropbox (Not Responding)" in Activity Monitor at 5:15pm when I updated a file, but no sync happened.

Last night I uninstalled Dropbox from my MacBook Pro running MacOS Ventura 13.4 and reinstalled.  Dropbox went through it's indexing process, then sync'd the files I had updated on my Mac with my Dropbox as it did before.  However, within 10 minutes, the icon was gone from the menu bar again.  Dropbox was not sync'ing once again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled 5 or 6 times now with the same results.  It syncs for a few minutes, then disappears from the menu bar.  Everything worked great until Thursday, June 15th around noon CDT for me.  No new software installed, no changes made to MacBook.

Any suggestions?

cmcintoshphoto
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Haven't bothered to restart my computer yet, but it seems like it's a DB software issue? I put in a support ticket, although they're not too fast to respond. You should contact support too if you haven't already. Need them to get it together to work on a fix.

LarryFP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've restarted my computer several times with no change in the results.  I've uninstalled Dropbox, restarted, then reinstalled.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled without restarting in between, same result.

Just opened a support ticket.

CWPetroleum
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue with my MacBook Pro M1 Max.  Running MacOS Ventura 13.4

Dropbox App Version v177.3.5390

CallmeKK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I went to Dropbox on the web - https://www.dropbox.com/account/general

Under settings, then General, turn OFF Early releases button, and save.

Seemed help - KK

prahar
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dropbox was working perfectly fine for me yesterday. Suddenly today, my Dropbox desktop app no longer opens. I tried doing this on my M1 mac mini and macbook pro! I've tried reinstalling it and after reinstallation, it opens (i can see the icon on the menu bar) for like 5 mins and then crashes. Once crashed, it no longer opens up, even if I force quit and try again. The only way to start it back up again is to reinstall (in which case it stays open for 5 mins). 

This is a completely new issue and is priority ONE for me. My entire workflow heavily relies on Dropbox syncing between my 4 machines and I cannot get anything done at this rate!

Any help would be severely appreciated.

mdics911
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Running Ventura 13.4 here on an M2 MBP with the identical issue. Started on 6/15/23. Reinstalled it twice now after removing not only the app, but also the index files. You see the icon leave the menu bar and you can't relaunch it. Craziness...

Need more support?