cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open the Dropbox app on Macbook Pro OS 14.5. When I click, it does nothing.

Can't open the Dropbox app on Macbook Pro OS 14.5. When I click, it does nothing.

joshuaelectric
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, after a recent repair on my macbook pro - my Dropbox Desktop App was gone, so reinstalled it and when i click on it does nothing. Doesn't open, and the Sync option is gone and it disappeared from my side-bar.  thanks for your assistance!

33 Replies 33

joshuaelectric
Explorer | Level 4

hi, I downloaded the offline installer, double clicked the icon and nothing happened.  no install.  please advise, thanks!  

joshuaelectric
Explorer | Level 4

I downloaded the Offline Installer, but when i double clicked, nothing happened.  no installation..  what else can i try?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

The next thing I’d suggest, in this case, is an advanced reinstall. Let me know if that helps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ken_804
Explorer | Level 3

hi @Walter , I deleted and reinstalled.  after two reboots, the problem was solved.  thank you.  By the way, now both the black and the blue icons are appearing as they did prior to the 4-day absence.  Access to Dropbox is restored.

ken_804
Explorer | Level 3

I'm sorry.  I spoke too soon.  Now the black and blue Dropbox icons have disappeared yet again and these are the messages I get when I try to access a file in my Dropbox folder (I left the folder open from the previous session when things appeared normal)

A718F0DF-E360-456B-B5AD-2AFB52CD97DC.jpeg

084F958E-6C98-4F9F-9C21-2AA454DE0B61.jpeg

ken_804
Explorer | Level 3

@Walter will you be responding to my post above?  Dropbox is still MIA on my computer.

saggyhaggis
Helpful | Level 5

I have the exact same issue with the app.  Running 14.5 on M1 air.  Unable to access the toolbar app to select which folders to sync.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ken_804 & @saggyhaggis - could you try a clean, advanced reinstall and let me know how it goes? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ken_804
Explorer | Level 3

hi @Walter .  Completed advanced re.  I can now see blue icon in applications folder but do not have the black dropbox icon in menu bar.  I do have access to my dropbox files, thankfully.  Time will tell if this is a permanent solution.

saggyhaggis
Helpful | Level 5

Reinstall worked and icon is now in menu bar.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ken_804 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    joshuaelectric Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?