cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alphabet navigation on ipad disappeared

Alphabet navigation on ipad disappeared

TroyP
Helpful | Level 6

The alphabet navigation disappeared on our ipad os version 16.7.2, dropbox version 362.7.  We rely on that to navigate the numerous files we have.  How do I get it back?

56 Replies 56

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi @Broadwaymhl ‌👋‌ 

Can you try scrolling down a little? You should see the file scrubber pop up. Let us know.

PS: Our team is working on improving this experience, we hope to have news soon.

Thanks,

Sam

Megrnorman
Helpful | Level 6

Months?
That is quite a long time to wait for a resolution, especially considering I’ve already waited almost 2 years for this to be resolved. And in that two years, the alphabet bar was only back for a few months by one of your employees who already correct this issue once. Is there anything you guys can do to accelerate a resolution to this issue as it seems to be causing problems for a large group of your users.

Also, just a sidenote. Do you have many people working internally that actually use the app frequently? It doesn’t sound like your team is very in touch with the needs of your users, and it might be ideal for you guys to find a few frequent Dropbox users to add to your team to help you with good solid feedback, especially when you remove features and update.

Broadwaymhl
Helpful | Level 6

It only works in the main Dropbox folder, not in the sub-folder.  That just changed this week!  I've had no trouble using the file scrubber pop-up in any folder before.  That's no longer the case.  I hope you can bring it back - please let me know!  Thank you!  Michael

Tgg
Explorer | Level 4
I’m definitely having the same with the blue alphabet gone. It’s slowing down my fast paced Las Vegas style show lol. I have five iPads and two iPhones. The alphabet is still on two of my iPads, but I am in fear of them disappearing on those. I am in touch via email with someone from Dropbox. But not getting it resolved. Please, please, please get on this dropbox.

Does anyone know if any other sharing sites work The same way dropbox used to with the navigation alphabet?

Broadwaymhl
Helpful | Level 6

I hope the folks at Dropbox read this.  It seems your customers are talking about jumping ship because you haven't restored the alphabet bar.  I hope you see how valuable and necessary it is for us all in these posts.  Our fingers are crossed you'll bring it back as soon as you possibly can!  Thank you!

VmaBob
New member | Level 2
I am also a musician and the Alphabet Navigation is critical in a live situation to navigate between charts. The removal has now meant a huge amount of work for each gig to have everything lined up numerically. The alternative is fiddling around on stage in front of an audience all focussed on us. An ill thought out decision by Dropbox. Not happy.

maeong89
Explorer | Level 4
Since i updated my dropbox, i have lost the letter scrolling shortcuts to the right of the page, instead there is now a scroll button that’s offered which is inconvenient for me. Can dropbox perhaps go back to having the letter shortcuts in the right hand side pls?

maeong89
Explorer | Level 4
Megan, i am also having the same problem. Cannot locate the alphabet quick slider bar. I use dropbox plus on my mobile phone and have cleared the cache.

rockwellband
New member | Level 2

Just happened to me, too. It's now taking forever to scroll from a song starting with A to one way down the list. Bring back the A-Z navigation. What would possess them to remove it? With all the complaints about it, you would think they would simply put it back.

Broadwaymhl
Helpful | Level 6

Agreed, and it's been Radio Silence from them since they said they were working on the problem...

Need more support?