cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AirDrop broken on MacOS Ventura

AirDrop broken on MacOS Ventura

Styline
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I'm using MacOS Ventura and I can't receive files via AirDrop anymore.

My Downloads folder is inside my Dropbox as I'm using Dropbox Backup, so it is all inside the Cloud Library now. The Spotlight Search is broken and now also I can't receive airdropped files anymore. They are sending but afterwards they are just nowhere to be found on the hard-drive. It's quite the mess.

@DropboxTeam: It would be highly appreciated if you can expedite looking into resolving the issues on Ventura!

98 Replies 98

cliffeotc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Wow! I find it hard to believe that there still is not a fix for this.

I have no access to AirDrop from my devices to my Macbook Pro.

Also, every time I go to delete something from my desktop, it says "Are you sure you want to delete this permanently?"

Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Also having the same issue with airdrop files not showing up anywhere in downloads!

What is going on?

Super annoying and also ready to leave dropbox if not fixed

Hiroaki_05
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This issue has been going on for several months now and you still have not come up with a solution to this problem you caused? This is ridiculous!

cliffeotc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It is.. Every day I go to delete a screen shot from my desktop and it no longer puts it into my TrashCan, the only option is to permanently delete..

The whole situation is a bit out of hand at this point.

bwcacanoe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Still broken, and unable to use airdrop with M1 iMac, OS 13.3.1 and dropbox version 172.4.7555

NTMW
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm planning on switching from Dropbox to Backblaze. This is now over 6 months of this being a problem. I moved from Google Drive to DB for almost this exact same reason. There has to be a way for this to work like it used to. I just need my files accessible in the cloud while all my mac default locations to stay the same.

HOSAP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there an update to fixing this problem?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, I just wanted to share an update with you.

This issue can be resolved now by disabling the Dropbox Backup feature for your computer's OS folders and once this is complete, close and relaunch the Dropbox desktop app and re-enable the Dropbox Backup feature anew.

Let us know if this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Hiroaki_05
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Walter, I've tried this and it worked! I hope it stays that way for good. Thank you. 

NTMW
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Walter,

I followed the instructions and it doesn't seem to be working. I hear the airdrop sound, the downloads on the dock pop up and the downloads folder opens up in Finder, however no files appear.

I'm running Ventura 13.0 and Dropbox v174.3.5690

Need more support?